RESEND ACTIVATION EMAIL

If a user exists with the inputted email, an activation email has been sent.

Given up till Alpha?

7 years 9 months ago
By the way, I think this Titan developer is rubbing it in, ouch.....Why post that in the VO thread though?

cityoftitans.com/comment/109357#comment-109357
The administrator has disabled public write access.

7 years 8 months ago
TheCity wrote:
By the way, I think this Titan developer is rubbing it in, ouch.....Why post that in the VO thread though?

cityoftitans.com/comment/109357#comment-109357

I think he was saying that it is easy to say "you should have this in place" but actually doing it is harder than it looks.

7 years 8 months ago
Doubt it.

What you are saying makes no sense in regards to the previous posters in that topic. One guy discussed the movement, another VO base systems. the dev chime in with a Titan's update, and the last guy states, "Right thread?"

That was my thinking as-well Ivan, until I realized this had nothing to do with what the recent posters where talking about, even then, this is about VO, not CoT's.

7 years 8 months ago
TheCity wrote:
Doubt it.

What you are saying makes no sense in regards to the previous posters in that topic. One guy discussed the movement, another VO base systems. the dev chime in with a Titan's update, and the last guy states, "Right thread?"

That was my thinking as-well Ivan, until I realized this had nothing to do with what the recent posters where talking about, even then, this is about VO, not CoT's.

As I understand it the dev is replying to this part of the posted patch notes
- The individual body region modification system which lets you customize arms and legs separate from the body (for example, evil scientists gave you one metal arm).

And saying that they can do the same thing.

7 years 8 months ago
Looks like alpha may be sooner rather than later. I am betting a couple of weeks. Hopefully things will speed up a bit at that time as things start to come together.

7 years 8 months ago
Ready to be proven wrong.

Ready to eat all my words.

Ready to eat crow.

Ready for a taste of the pet system.

Ready to finally find an enjoyably super hero mmo.

I hate coming here everyday seeing and saying the same old stuff. I wish to see progress. Those whom ask why am I here, I was here from the beginning, following this project for years now, that is why. I want to see great progress, that is all.

7 years 8 months ago
The new look is good anyway, of the site.

• Haplo
  • Premium Member
7 years 8 months ago
TheCity wrote:
I hate coming here everyday seeing and saying the same old stuff. I wish to see progress. Those whom ask why am I here, I was here from the beginning, following this project for years now, that is why. I want to see great progress, that is all.

Honestly TC, the only reason people have any problem with you, is that we do see progress where you never seem to. The game goes forward and backward on playability while they are *developing* it, but at least we get to see something happening. With practically no budget. Even those of us who have given money know that the amount they've received is basically a pittance that is barely enough to keep servers going. They are footing the bill in time, effort, tech, etc.

So in a nutshell - we see progress, we see change - we see regular updates on Facebook - they make progress on their website and work on merging it all together - yet plenty of us also dumped tons of cash (way more) into CoT, with not much to nothing to really show for it, and they're asking for more.

Yeah it is going to be frustration you get from people who see progress, then have someone tell them they wish they would see some progress. Different perspectives from different expectations I would say.

To each their own. You don't understand them, they don't understand you. Woop-tee-doo. I'm on the 'I like the progress I've seen' side of things so I get it. I also understand that it can't get here fast enough for any of us... but hey, the laws of physics and finances apply to us all. lol

Oh yeah, Heya to you and everyone. Long time no see. :)

7 years 8 months ago
Haplo wrote:
TheCity wrote:

Honestly TC, the only reason people have any problem with you, is that we do see progress where you never seem to. )

First of all, I do not care if people here have a problem with me, I am here for the game, not them. I have no interest in playing with anyone tbh, I usually solo in mmos, team up only with friends I know.

Secondly, what do you mean by progress? If a kid averages a 46% on his work, but finally breaks the 50% barrier, is he progressing? Sure, but still failing.

Is VO progressing? yes, but whomever say this game is Steam worthy are just straight up white-knighting I am sorry. The game is progressing in very very small steps, but not enough to warrant playablity.

You guys are gauging progress as fans, I am gauging it by playabilty.

7 years 8 months ago
Alpha was estimated to be released by months end. In a couple days it will be the end of the month, let the countdown begin?

7 years 8 months ago
Time estimation isn't among their power sets unfortunately :p

7 years 8 months ago
I guess the long grueling hours slaving away at their day jobs must have stopped them once again.. Oh tartar sauce!

Or perhaps it was their vast and sophisticated love lives?

• Haplo
  • Premium Member
7 years 8 months ago
I don't know who said the game in it's most recent, past state was Steam-worthy, but they were not being realistic. People may hate facebook, but that is where most of their updates happen, and they've been adding a lot to the base system, character generator, models, missions, etc. to the game - in preparation for the Steam launch. They've discussed it and given updates on it for a while.

If you judge progress by playability, before they even announce a release as something intended to be a playable release... rather than a testbed to get to that point... then you are being as unrealistic as the fan-boys you claim see it as Steam-worthy before they announce it as ready for Steam.

As you said, I really don't care what you or anyone else thinks. There is a reason I have backed them as much as I have. I've seen progress on a massive scale, from what we saw in the beginning, to where they are now, is a big difference. The fact they have a huge update coming that will move them into Alpha and onto Steam says even more to me about their commitment.

Why do I believe it? Because every time they've said they are going to do something, even if it takes longer than they expect it to... they actually do it. Not just write about it. Yep, I have no problem admitting I am completely ticked off about how much money I gave to CoT and have nothing to show for it. I wish I had every penny of it back to give to these guys.

Plus, If your only criteria is 'playability' and not observation of environment, modeling, interface, overall design and implementation - then that is your beef. Not mine.

Hey, your pessimistic views of game development is your own biz. I'm just revved up for the Alpha when it does get released. I'm not concerned if it ends up taking an extra week or two either because quite frankly, that has happened before, and usually ends up being a pretty cool update.

Later

7 years 8 months ago
We guesstimated that they would launch alpha by months end, and it was a WAG. I am sure they are working on it and will produce it soon. I am far from a fan boy, I most often end up one of the more critical posters of the games I follow. They are working on their own schedule, they will produce at their own schedule. Once the game gets ready for beta they will very likely have at least a few people going full time, which will speed things up enormously. Hopefully we will start getting weekly status updates, which would help to keep people calm. As to steam quality product, as long as they are meeting their project management goals, they are fine.

7 years 8 months ago
Haplo wrote:
Plus, If your only criteria is 'playability' and not observation of environment, modeling, interface, overall design and implementation - then that is your beef. Not mine.

Hey, your pessimistic views of game development is your own biz. I'm just revved up for the Alpha when it does get released. I'm not concerned if it ends up taking an extra week or two either because quite frankly, that has happened before, and usually ends up being a pretty cool update.

Later

it is your beef now, because you obviously had an issue with my statement, hence felt obligated to comment on it, despite my last comment being completely unrelated to my opinion of the game, but rather, a count down to the much anticipated alpha. Let it go, I think the game is not Steam worthy at this time.

You are being unrealistic, if your belief is that this game is Steam worthy. Nobody is forcing you to read my comments by the way.
Last Edit: 7 years 8 months ago by TheCity.

• Haplo
  • Premium Member
7 years 8 months ago
Haplo wrote:
...I don't know who said the game in it's most recent, past state was Steam-worthy, but they were not being realistic...
TheCity wrote:
... if your belief is that this game is Steam worthy. Nobody is forcing you to read my comments by the way.

As you point out, nobody is forcing anyone to read what anyone else posts. However, if you're going to post - at least have the courtesy to read what you're replying to. You might find out that people are not disagreeing with you nearly as much as you perceive they are. Just have different perspectives.

7 years 8 months ago
Haplo wrote:
Haplo wrote:
...I don't know who said the game in it's most recent, past state was Steam-worthy, but they were not being realistic...
TheCity wrote:
... if your belief is that this game is Steam worthy. Nobody is forcing you to read my comments by the way.

As you point out, nobody is forcing anyone to read what anyone else posts. However, if you're going to post - at least have the courtesy to read what you're replying to. You might find out that people are not disagreeing with you nearly as much as you perceive they are. Just have different perspectives.

Yea, your previous post was extremely pro TheCity, especially the part when you said

"I don't know who said the game in it's most recent, past state was Steam-worthy, but they were not being realistic"

"If you judge progress by playability, before they even announce a release as something intended to be a playable release... rather than a testbed to get to that point... then you are being as unrealistic as the fan-boys you claim see it as Steam-worthy before they announce it as ready for Steam."

"Plus, If your only criteria is 'playability' and not observation of environment, modeling, interface, overall design and implementation - then that is your beef. Not mine."

"Hey, your pessimistic views of game development is your own biz."

I actually had to make sure I did not respond to the wrong guy, but it was the right guy. You act as if you were pro TheCity or something, I don't know what you were reading there bud.

• Haplo
  • Premium Member
7 years 8 months ago
Dude, I never said or even implied I was "Pro You". I pointed out that you have a tendency to skim over and not read what someone posts, and pile on even more of what you view as "Anti You" - which wasn't the case in what you were referring to. Which was 'Steam ready / Steam worthy'. Hell, look at your most recent reply - it's right there on the first line of you quoting me! lol

Relax. If you are going to make a claim that I said something I didn't - and it is plain to see in a post where I did no such thing - quite the opposite actually - then I am going to call you on it. Simple as that.

I'm outspoken and I'm going to say exactly how I feel about a topic, which might include commenting about what others have said. If that offends you or something, don't participate in forums. Otherwise, quit taking things personally - it's a forum. If you're going to comment on things, expect to be referenced and/or commented on in turn.

Later

• AEGIS
  • Administrator
7 years 8 months ago
This topic hasn't quite crossed the line but it seems like a good time to remind people of the Terms of Use of the forums (and site):

valiance.shogn.net/forums/terms-of-use

Please review, especially the Rules and Conduct section, and act accordingly.

Thanks!

7 years 8 months ago
ivanhedgehog wrote:
We guesstimated that they would launch alpha by months end, and it was a WAG. I am sure they are working on it and will produce it soon. I am far from a fan boy, I most often end up one of the more critical posters of the games I follow. They are working on their own schedule, they will produce at their own schedule. Once the game gets ready for beta they will very likely have at least a few people going full time, which will speed things up enormously. Hopefully we will start getting weekly status updates, which would help to keep people calm. As to steam quality product, as long as they are meeting their project management goals, they are fine.

First the good. VO has a great vision. There is alot of potential here. Now, the real, or reality of the situation; I get the bolded, but this is my issue. Usually, when they say "X" will be ready by months end, etc, etc, I am expecting it by months end. When it does not reach that deadline, something has happened and we all know this. The cats, bugs, whatever, there are usually errors and the game is a direct representation of that.

How many times have they said "X" will be ready by later tonight" and we waited weeks?

How many times have you heard, "X will be ready by the morning" only to wait nearly a month?

This aint normal people. Delays are yes, but every single time? By Weeks? No. This will not fly with Steam; their errors will be magnified and no amount of whiteknighting will change the image of VO.

I am honesty not expecting much from this alpha to be honest. Therefore, you will not hear me being too critical other than I told you all so. When they can hit deadlines which THEY established, then I will have more faith in them. I am sorry but it just seems strange that these guys establish timelines and miss them by weeks, not days, weeks.....I am looking at the totality of the development, not just the game. This is worrisome. You cannot even meet deadlines YOU established? Why even establish them to the public? Just stay quite like DCUO and CoT?
Last Edit: 7 years 8 months ago by TheCity.
1 user said "Thank You!"
Moderators: AEGIS