RESEND ACTIVATION EMAIL

If a user exists with the inputted email, an activation email has been sent.

Unable to play

• drl2
  • Bronze
5 years 2 months ago
I signed up for the forum in early July intending to donate, but validation e-mails weren't reaching my account & the support folks said they were being sent... so I more or less gave up. Then in late October I received an e-mail out of the blue saying the issue had been resolved, but promptly forgot about it due to other stuff going on at the time :)

So earlier this week I saw mention of VO somewhere on Facebook and remembered to go check my account - was finally able to log on and donate!

Now having downloaded & run the launcher, I'm still unable to get in and actually try the game.

- My C drive is a fairly packed SSD so I had to install the game onto D. When I hit the Play button from the launcher, it can't find the game. Is this configurable from somewhere?
- I tried navigating to the game location and running the game EXE directly. It starts up, but doesn't let me log in; using the same credentials I use for the forum, I get "Invalid username or password".

I e-mailed support about it a few days ago and haven't heard back except for an automated acknowledgement e-mail; hoping to carve out some time this weekend to try the game out, as is my much-bigger-CoH-junkie-than-I wife, who will probably make a donation of her own if it goes over well.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

5 years 2 months ago
I get the same invalid username/password error. Clicking on "forgot password" just sends me to the website where I'm clearly logged in with those credentials. :cheer:

• AEGIS
  • Administrator
5 years 2 months ago
Give them a little time but I'll also check in with them...

• drl2
  • Bronze
5 years 2 months ago
Any updates on this? Haven't heard anything since the autoreply on the 22nd.

• AEGIS
  • Administrator
5 years 2 months ago
Sorry for the late reply... I'm actually recovering from knee surgery and our support person had a family emergency. They should be back in action this week and will be catching up on both forum posts and email requests. It will take some time to catch up so please be patient.

Thank you!

5 years 2 months ago
We just got another server update in tonight that appears to have completely resolved this issue. Please let us know if this resolved the issue for you. I've already connected with 3 other users that had the same issues, and they've been able to login and play. I'll be monitoring the server all day today to make sure all is operating as expected.
Last Edit: 5 years 2 months ago by IronSight.

• drl2
  • Bronze
5 years 1 month ago
Was able to log in and create a character this morning! Hurray!

After character creation the loading screen seemed to freeze up. I was able to restart and get into the game itself though - ran around for a little while and found a mission inside one of the buildings. Looking forward to exploring some more when I have some free time.

5 years 1 month ago
YES!!! That's great to hear! More updates on the way soon! Looking forward to seeing you in-game.
Moderators: IronSight, AEGIS