RESEND ACTIVATION EMAIL

If a user exists with the inputted email, an activation email has been sent.

Teleportation and Magic

6 years 8 months ago
So for teleporting I was thinking, whichever direction your walking/running you press your hotkey or the power button and it could teleport you a certain distance instantly like 5-10ft or so. But you could have 3-5 teleport charges and each charge has a recharge time or you use so many and then they recharge as a whole, so you could teleport while fighting. And for teleporting long distance you could do it like CoH did, if your not moving you activate your teleporting ability and you it gives you the option to click where ever you want to go. You could also edit the look of teleporting, so you could make it look like a flash of bright light or a puff of blue smoke like nightcrawler. Just customizable lol.

Also had an idea for the archetypes? I'd assume there's a magic one. Maybe they could use staffs and wands, and there could be ones that don't use those things and make magic circles. All of those could be customizable. The staffs and wands could have a few different base forms and then you could add designs and attachments to them. The magic circles, there could be base ones and then you could make yours from scratch. You give them different sized circles to work with along with a variety of different shapes and designs. They then could choose what color it would be and if it glows. Smoking, or on fire, those different things. You could do the same effects with the wands/staffs as well.
Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Dstark1000. Reason: Customization
The administrator has disabled public write access.

6 years 8 months ago
I liked the CoH style of teleportation much better than the way Champions does it, aside from falling to your death due to lag :)
2 users said "Thank You!"

• Haplo
  • Premium Member
6 years 8 months ago
I think one of my favorite powers in CoX was teleport, ,and specifically the Grav controller's Black Hole (I think?) power... all it was, was an enemy group teleport. Oh man, it was the best to just aim that vortex as high in the air as it would allow, and click. Watch as they all flashed brightly, winked out of existence. Then reappeared in the sky and fell to their doom. LOL
1 user said "Thank You!"

6 years 7 months ago
I know I'm super late but I like your idea for magic users. I get what you mean with some using staffs, etc., and others using like glyphs or symbols and circles like you mentioned.

6 years 7 months ago
Haplo wrote:
I think one of my favorite powers in CoX was teleport, ,and specifically the Grav controller's Black Hole (I think?) power... all it was, was an enemy group teleport. Oh man, it was the best to just aim that vortex as high in the air as it would allow, and click. Watch as they all flashed brightly, winked out of existence. Then reappeared in the sky and fell to their doom. LOL

Black hole was in the dark set for some reason. The power you are referring to in the Grav set was white hole. I almost said singularity but that was your pet

6 years 3 months ago
Being a huge fan of doctor strange i would love to see a magic based set in game...mayhaps several...ones like said above mentioned but maybe also a pet based one like coh had with summong extra planar entities to fight for you while you blasted away with your powers.

• ZeeHero
  • Platinum Member
  • FounderBronzeSilver
    Gold
6 years 3 months ago
I like the OP's idea of teleporting in the direction you move much more than having to click on a location, just easier and simpler. but it should be instant blinks not slow like CO phasing.
There is tremendous life and personality in a name. It should be at least as agonized over as any character trait.”
― Travis Beacham

6 years 3 months ago
for the long range porting..id say use the clik map and poof thing...but also have a combat version of it you can only use in combat...and cant port out of combat using long range.

• Fraile
  • Premium Member
  • FounderBronze
6 years 3 months ago
Yeah, would be awesome edit also the texture of the combat and travel powers like CoX. The power could have a predeterminated texture by your main powers choose for example, if you have ice powerset your travel form would be with an icy path or a frost fog.
The Raven observes from the sky. He descends as a death God, and he takes the souls they debt for himself...
Last Edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by Fraile.

6 years 2 weeks ago
Haplo wrote:

That wormhole ability was one of my favorites in CoX, along with telekinesis, for their uniqueness and interesting combat contribution.

Teleport was definitely my favorite travel power but i feel like it might be too clunky as it was originally, for a modern mmo, so it would probably need to be improved a bit.
Last Edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by Rick11387.

• ZeeHero
  • Platinum Member
  • FounderBronzeSilver
    Gold
6 years 4 days ago
Nostalgia is one thing, but making a modern game exactly the same as a game which launched 10+ years ago is likely a mistake. So much could be improved to modern standards. Games have evolved.
There is tremendous life and personality in a name. It should be at least as agonized over as any character trait.”
― Travis Beacham
Last Edit: 5 years 11 months ago by ZeeHero.

• HotNerd
  • Premium Member
  • I'm allergic to Discord.
  • FounderBronze
6 years 4 days ago
ZeeHero wrote:
Agreed, getting lost in nostalgia is one thing, but making a modern game exactly the same as a game which launched 10+ years ago is a mistake. So much could be improved to modern standards. Games have evolved.

Are you speaking from experience? Because if I speak from experience then I can say you're wrong. There's no such thing as modern standards. Nostalgia is the perfect fuel. Evolution has nothing to do with anything.

• cyanpill
  • Rise of the Pheonix!
  • FounderBronze
6 years 4 days ago
If you want nostalgia, the SEGS project is working on recreating CoH as it was exactly. Since they are focusing on that, Valiance should focus on making a good game that's close to how City was in someways, but different in other ways that hopefully will be better.
Backer #261
Check out SEGS, an attempt to remake CoH servers!
2 users said "Thank You!"

• ZeeHero
  • Platinum Member
  • FounderBronzeSilver
    Gold
6 years 4 days ago
Yeah its entirely possible to be better than City of Heroes was. Nostaliga can reproduce how it was, but it can't make it better.
― Travis Beacham
Moderators: AEGIS