RESEND ACTIVATION EMAIL

If a user exists with the inputted email, an activation email has been sent.

Tanks

5 years 10 months ago
Can we get tanks that can be ranged also? I didn't see the combination with the powers, but I really think tank should be able to choose ranged or melee options.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

5 years 10 months ago
Isn't the point of a tank character to take most of the damage for a group? It doesn't make sense for them to have ranged powers at all.

• Carnivalous
  • The future you wish for is in your hands
5 years 10 months ago
I don't know -- having a tank with a few ranged capabilities can still be pretty neat and serve its purpose as a Tank dutifully.
After all, tanks are there to soak up damage and garner lots of attention~
Having a tank that's capable of grabbing attention from afar can be pretty useful in pulling mobs away from DPS and stuff that kind of go off the leash too much.

Followed by a suit of crowd-controllish abilities to slow down said enemies before they reach you, or just having a much lower damage output from their close range counter parts would still give other tanks reasons to play their own (besides just aesthetic appeal).
Although!
Close Combat tanks having distance closers and the random ranged skill sprinkled in is always a massive plus in my books~

It feels super empowering to stand in a crowd and being the shore upon which foes break.
But.
It feels super depowering to have to hoof it from mob to mob, trying to keep everything in check all the time~

• SpiritOfLiberty
  • We Hold these truths to be Self- Evident That All
  • BronzeSilver
5 years 10 months ago
I couldn't agree more well placed..!

5 years 10 months ago
WeepingRed wrote:
Isn't the point of a tank character to take most of the damage for a group? It doesn't make sense for them to have ranged powers at all.

So, let me get this right.... Ur saying ranged characters can't draw aggro? Because, blasters in coh used to do it all the time... Primary defensive, secondary ranged damage. It's easy

5 years 10 months ago
ivioincw wrote:
WeepingRed wrote:

So, let me get this right.... Ur saying ranged characters can't draw aggro? Because, blasters in coh used to do it all the time... Primary defensive, secondary ranged damage. It's easy

No, my point was that a class dedicated to soaking up damage for the team at close range doesn't need ranged attacks. A "Taunt" ability would be more than sufficient. I realise that saying "It doesn't make sense for them to have ranged powers at all." was a dumb statement. I worded it wrong. I was thinking in terms of damaging abilities and didn't really factor in things like Taunt.
Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by WeepingRed.

5 years 10 months ago
Why does it need to be at close range. The funny thing about tank in real life, they are all ranged, unless they run you over. I'm talking about the vehicles..
Ok, iron man would be considered a ranged tank or cable. I think it could work. A shield primary like cables or caps and a gun secondary.

5 years 10 months ago
ivioincw wrote:
Why does it need to be at close range. The funny thing about tank in real life, they are all ranged, unless they run you over. I'm talking about the vehicles..
Ok, iron man would be considered a ranged tank or cable. I think it could work. A shield primary like cables or caps and a gun secondary.

Well, remember it's just my opinion. I've never played a game that had a tank with ranged attacks so I don't feel that it's necessary.
Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by WeepingRed.

5 years 10 months ago
WeepingRed wrote:
ivioincw wrote:

Well, remember it's just my opinion. I've never played a game that had a tank with ranged attacks so I don't feel that it's necessary.

Its probably possible with a freeform char in CO. (so... possible in 50% of all other currently released Superhero MMOs :P ).

Besides; its about Superheroes. Lots of things should be possible. Its not like tank-like comic heroes using ranged abilitys are unheard of.

• Carnivalous
  • The future you wish for is in your hands
5 years 10 months ago
Like laser eye-beams, building/car throwing, and frost breath~?

5 years 10 months ago
Heroes of the Storm has only three tank heroes who are ranged.

D.Va... doesn't really count, she's ranged but its really short ranged.

Zarya has more range. Her main method of tanking is by placing shields on allies at range. Still, not really that much of a "tank"

The "truest" ranged tank is Rexxar, a squishy ranged hero who has a much more durable pet bear. Rexxar himself is not tanky, but his bear fits that role.

• ZeeHero
  • Platinum Member
  • FounderBronzeSilver
    Gold
5 years 10 months ago
ANY melee character should be able to have a few ranged abilities just to round them out. same for ranged characters having melee if they choose. Captain Marvel was primarily melee yet she could fire bursts of energy, Superman could shoot lazers from his eyes, and Hulk could clap his hands super hard to make a RANGED shockwave.
There is tremendous life and personality in a name. It should be at least as agonized over as any character trait.”
― Travis Beacham
Last Edit: 5 years 10 months ago by ZeeHero.
1 user said "Thank You!"
Moderators: AEGIS