RESEND ACTIVATION EMAIL

If a user exists with the inputted email, an activation email has been sent.

Beat them with a Stick!

• Haplo
  • Premium Member
8 years 1 month ago
I want to check this one off the list -
Click this link: t.co/DPMeRv8Bt7

It will take you to a VO vs. City of Titans match up on MMOGames website.

Honestly, I'm tired of the crap I see and hear towards the VO team and they are the only ones actually producing from the very beginning, and still are. Vote them up! :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.

8 years 1 month ago
That super hero MMO poll looks about right though

1) Marvel 2016
2) Champions Online

Followed by everyone else.

Was not shocked at how poorly DCUO did, that game is a mess and players are letting them know about it. Marvel 2016 is the most polished and complete MMO of this genre, too bad you cannot create avatars.

Anywho, the competition is inevitable, don't let any of the competitors fool you guys, lol, they want to come out on top. I am not buying the "We are all friends, etc, etc" hey, maybe you are, but I am certain you want to be the most successful MMO, no?

8 years 1 month ago
Its over? Looks like Titans is favored, which is understandable, because it was heavily funded. I like the route they are going with the standalone creator, this will really bring in fans. The main selling points of BDO was the creator. Smart thinking by those guys and gals. If they managed to get a minion creator out as well that would be awesome.
Last Edit: 8 years 1 month ago by TheCity.

• Haplo
  • Premium Member
8 years 1 month ago
I don't get the creator idea, unless you are nearly ready for launch. The way BDO did it. I understand wanting something to play around with, but not a year or more before something is ready to come out - when the creator won't be able to update the same way as the main project, without taking resources away from the main project. It doesn't make any sense. But, I'm not a real game dev so - what do I know?

Don't get me wrong - I totally love the idea of a creator. A minion creator would be incredible. Web based would be even better - so you could mess around with it on your tablet while you're in between jobs at work or something. Just not so sure about the time frames.

Regarding CoT and it's 'creator' the problem for me here like with everything else that CoT has done so far - it is ruining this whole situation for everyone (all projects). They keep making promises they never keep. Then make claims about progress or new content that are half-truths, all while making off-handed remarks snubbing other projects during interviews and such. All along the way. It is never ending.

I have donated money to I think 9 different KS projects now. Some pretty substantial money in a few instances. CoT was one of them. At least 4 of those were long term projects. One of them flopped. It was apparent within a few months, but it wasn't over 3/4 a million either. ALL of the others aside from CoT I have either seen published, produced, or if not yet completed - consistent monthly and weekly progress updates.

They are dragging the whole 'successor' thing through the mud. I kind of hope that VO just disconnects from the CoH / Successor thing entirely at this point. It is frustrating to watch a group of people that are actually producing results and working with the community get badmouthed at times because they weren't 'the chosen' in some people's minds. Hey, I made a choice to support them all - but I certainly didn't sign up for one of them berating the others and not producing anything either. So I can decide to no longer support a project that does so. And frankly, speak out about it.

I definitely at this point, wish I had my money back to put it towards VO. I've already doled out more than I did for CoT over the past couple of years, but it would be nice to put that again towards this project where what I want to see happen - is actually happening.

I guess that in the end, after the first year+ of nothing but lore, and even now nothing but a sudden acquisition of a new person's unfinished P2P game and calling it 'progress' as if it had been in-house or something all this time until they got called on it. It just pisses me off and makes me very leery of the way they've conducted themselves. How it is going to end up in the end. Will they actually crank out a real game at some point? I don't know. I hope they do so all that money doesn't become another failed attempt ending in vaporware.

Ok, so wow. I feel better. LOL - I could go on, but that is the gist of it and I doubt anyone is still reading at this point :)

Thanks for the screen space!
Moderators: AEGIS