RESEND ACTIVATION EMAIL

If a user exists with the inputted email, an activation email has been sent.

Sidekick/Mentor

6 years 5 months ago
Hello Heroes!

Back in the days of CoX one of the coolest features that I never saw in other MMOs was the ability to Sidekick/Mentor to another player. This system meant that a high level player could have there friend who was really low level sidekicked and it would buff them up to being effectively an equivalent level so they could play together, and the sidekick still gained experience scaled to their level. The reverse system of Mentoring would lower a high level player down, reducing stats and locking out powers that they wouldn't have had so they could play low level content with another player. The mentor system did not grant experience to the higher level player as lower level mobs would be too easy to farm that way.

I believe this system was one of the best things about CoX because it meant friends could play together no matter what characters they felt like playing at the time. I really hope a similar or equivalent system can be put into place in VO as it encouraged teaming.

Do the rest of you agree? Is something like this already in place or being discussed and I just missed it? Please let me know.

Thanks all!
Veritas Lux
I used to be a good person that believed in people and that person died and now I'm just some angry idiot with 200 pounds of honey.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

6 years 5 months ago
Yup this system is a extremely important system, we already have the coding foundation for this done.
Join me live for a chat at discord.gg/PEPFfNg
2 users said "Thank You!"

6 years 5 months ago
Awesome! I'm glad to hear that, and thank you for the response!
I used to be a good person that believed in people and that person died and now I'm just some angry idiot with 200 pounds of honey.

• Duane
  • Premium Member
  • FounderBronzeSilver
    Gold
6 years 4 months ago
COH was my only MMO I every played. I dabbled in everquest for a couple of years, but ran away screaming and then a year later COH came out. I always assumed that COH was a little behind or implemented features other games already had.... boy, was I wrong.

This feature alone is in my top 5 why COH was such a unique and stand up game. I am frankly surprised no one else has not implemented this feature or copy-cat it.
Moderators: AEGIS