RESEND ACTIVATION EMAIL

If a user exists with the inputted email, an activation email has been sent.

Character Creator: the Create button does nothing!

• Page:

6 years 8 months ago
That's it. I get through the CC, pick powers, pick name, everything green and checked off. Push Create. Nothing happens. Yes tried restarting the game.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

• SeaPhour
6 years 8 months ago
Did you try just clicking "Next"?
thats not a good work-around and doesn't invalidate the bug- just helpful info for finding the core issue- Thanks!

6 years 8 months ago
Sorry, yes I'll stop assuming that the obvious has been tried.

Next does nothing past the costuming portion. The "Effects" tab does nothing. I can pick name, powersets (yes I used select to lock in my powers) body colors, body sliders, and costume sections no problem. After that, nothing progresses. Next does nothing. Create does nothing. Effects tab does nothing. For the record I'm trying to make a male modeled energy/force blaster. I've tried it with snap shot and aimed shot as my primary initial ability pick.

6 years 8 months ago
This is my 4th toon. The others created because I did nothing fancy in the costume creator.
But on this toon, if I change any colors or costume parts from default, it will not create.

6 years 8 months ago
Well not being able to pick powers is problematic to say the least. I'll try just giving it a name and see what I get.

• AEGIS
  • Administrator
6 years 8 months ago
Did you hit the "Select" button after picking powersets and powers?

6 years 8 months ago
Yes I did. As I mentioned in OP, I had made sure all the red-text items were addressed.

6 years 8 months ago
I did already submit a suggestion but I think the CC needs to be a bit more intuitive. Just clicking your desired power and it then locking into place would be far simpler. I don't know if it was jet lag kicking in after coming back from the other side of the pond, but my second attempt at a toon didn't have the secondary power set I chose and I did hit select. The first attempt I missed clicking altogether so got defaults. :p

I think the CC needs to be something a 5 year old can use. It's looking nice but Needs a bit of a UX review :)

6 years 8 months ago
I wholeheartedly agree that the locking in your powers after selecting them feels unnecessary and unintuitive, but that is not my issue in this case.

• KidRad
  • FounderBronze
6 years 8 months ago
I'm having this same issue for new characters. I can't create a new one. Fire/rad melee. Trenchcoat, mask, spikes, red skin. Any factors in common there?

6 years 8 months ago
Possibly? What mask?

• HotNerd
  • Premium Member
  • I'm allergic to Discord.
  • FounderBronze
6 years 8 months ago
I just read an ingame chat from someone saying they only have 2 characters and cannot create more.
They had more but deleted them. Maybe the deletion of characters is not registering and lowering the limit? I'm just guessing.

• KidRad
  • FounderBronze
6 years 8 months ago
That was my other toon, hah. It was a clockwork mask. But now I just went in to see what mask it was, and the character was able to be created. So who knows...

6 years 8 months ago
I have no characters created yet. I haven't been able to play since I got in.

ETA: Tried changing no settings. Still not able to login.
I know we're in alpha guys but come on.
Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by bactchan.

6 years 8 months ago
I am in a similar boat: I can't create a character. The Select button doesn't seem to do anything. If I hit Next to go to the next screen and then back to return, the Select button is back to red. The Create button makes a noise and turns green when I press it, but does nothing. None of my power choices seem to stick.

6 years 8 months ago
Update: Deleted local game files and re-downloaded. Attempted recreation of a character. Same results. Can pick powers, name, costume bits. Cannot progress beyond costume. Next does nothing more past the armor/costume. Cannot reach Effects tab.

• Haplo
  • Premium Member
6 years 8 months ago
There is no effects tab at this point (as of 7/1/17 at 11PM-ish CST. Who knows if that will change in the next hour).

I am going to create a character step by step here and see if we can find where your problem is exactly happening by limiting our choices, and then if needed we can go into hardware differences, etc. I've made at least 10 toons over the last 48 hours and had no issues, so it bugs me that someone else can't...

Ok so Login, list of characters (if any are present) - bottom of the list, clickingon Create Character.
Choose between Science or Magic (Natural does not appear to be working at the moment) - I drug/spun around to Magic, clicked on it, clicked select, everything looks locked in. Clicked Next.
Rolled wheel around to ranged damage / ranged support. Clicked select, made sure I had the green bubbles around each side, clicked Next
Again, rolled selctors around and chose Archery / Healing. Clicked Select, green bubbles are locked in, clicked Next
Left everything alone in costume
Clicked on BODY un upper right. Moved wheel on right side to HAIR. Clicked on Hair. Chose 'anime ballzee' for the hair.
Used wheel on left to click on Hair and change hair colors.
Changed Character name to 'Nhoj'
Clicked Create
Status: Unconnected (expected behavior on first connection of new character according to recent patch notes.)
Closing and relogging into client
Logged in, chose new character 'Nhoj' from list, connected without issue.

Ok I literally wrote that as I did it, and I am now standing as a new character in the world as I type this out here. This is my 4th toon on just this installation.

If you follow all of that, and it still breaks or just 'doesn't finish' or something, then maybe we could look at hardware diferences? There are 8 others in here right now, and I've seen over 20 people earlier today, and no idea how many have been on at once so far. So it is working for most from what I can see.

Hope this at least helps somebody.
Later!

6 years 8 months ago
Well, I chose exactly the powerset that you did, did nothing at all to appearance, and gave the character the name MR ZERO. I clicked CREATE and got to the forest glade screen, so that checks out with the experience of others so far. I'll log back in and see if I can get into the city.
Thanks a ton for providing this narrow path!

(edit) I was able to get in with another character with the same powerset. At least one thing that seems to have been blocking me was that I changed the appearance colors to white on everything possible. I'll do more research and see if it is something specific like skin color or part of the costume. I was able to get on with a character that had black eyes and hair, untouched skin, and a costume in various shades of dark blue and green. So far I have not been able to create a single character with anything but exactly the origin and power settings described in the post above.
Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by chaetophile. Reason: more info

• Haplo
  • Premium Member
6 years 8 months ago
The forest glade scene stuck is normal at the moment after every new character creation. Or at least a majority of the time. It is written in the patch notes in your launcher.

Where I wrote:
"Status: Unconnected (expected behavior on first connection of new character according to recent patch notes.)"

I should have specified the "expected behavior" - First load is 'loss of handshake with server that tends to leave you stuck with the server ignoring your client. All one need do is close the client, relaunch and reconnect. Choose that same character you just created, and continue on as normal.' <- paraphrased -- scroll down your launcher notes and you'll read the exact verbiage. The Patch Notes are right below the Patch Updates.

Whenever you are 'stuck' during a login, it is likely (currently) that you will be stuck in that forest glade scene - as the connection has been lost and your character never got 'assembled' for that session to then be shunted off to the last spawn point. Closing and relaunching the client is the workaround for now, it says in the notes they are resolving the issue so... yeah. :)

Later!

6 years 8 months ago
For those having issues with CC, I wonder if it's a screen resolution thing. Might be an idea to post what res you're at because I've seen some odd behavior at different resolutions with bits being off the screen.
  • Page:
Moderators: IronSight, AEGIS