RESEND ACTIVATION EMAIL


If a user exists with the inputted email, an activation email has been sent.

Chars / Charcreation messed up

 
#8273
5 months 3 days ago
So I DLd v10 to check out all the new stuff. First I wanted to check out potential new stuff character creation but there was nothing to see there. After some wild clicking a beige block appeared where the to-be-created character should load.

Then I went on to one of my already created ones and started the game. After loading I did not saw my character at first:



After zooming far out to the maximum I saw some massive boulders appear left and right:



These are my characters feet. So... if shes Valiances version of Giganta I'm all in for it; but I'd like to zoom out some a lot more and have a new camera center please ;)

Also something else is messed up. I guess some item/body parts above waistline stretch into infinity.

I deleted the WindowsPlayer folder and re-installed everything but that did not changed anything.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
1 user said "Thank You!"
 
#8295
4 months 3 weeks ago
@Anothername, we're investigating this now. Can you tell me if you scaled her to the max height? Trying to figured out if that's where to start.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
1 user said "Thank You!"
 
#8297
4 months 3 weeks ago
IronSight wrote:
@Anothername, we're investigating this now. Can you tell me if you scaled her to the max height? Trying to figured out if that's where to start.

I'm 90% sure there was not even a scaling option when I created that char. When I want to create a new char I only the a white block at the center where a char should appear.

I do think my installation might be messed up and its a local problem but since I already deleted everything and reinstalled I'm out of ideas.

Edit:
Last Edit: 4 months 3 weeks ago by Anothername.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
1 user said "Thank You!"
 
#8300
4 months 3 weeks ago
Ok we got the huge character issue fixed, now I'm trying to identify what could be causing your character to not load properly.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
1 user said "Thank You!"
 
#8305
4 months 3 weeks ago
IronSight wrote:
Ok we got the huge character issue fixed, now I'm trying to identify what could be causing your character to not load properly.

looking forward to the fixes :)

The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#8308
4 months 3 weeks ago
Hahaha, yea we have a bit more testing to do to get this next patch shipped out. We're nearly there, sorry for the inconvenience.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
1 user said "Thank You!"
 
#8309
4 months 3 weeks ago
IronSight wrote:
Hahaha, yea we have a bit more testing to do to get this next patch shipped out. We're nearly there, sorry for the inconvenience.

Its an alpha. Stuff like that is bound to happen. I'm almost disappointed something like that did not happened sooner :P

I'd rather be more worried if I had logged in and saw no change at all; especially with all these awesome sounding stuff posted in this internal update section. Hope some of that swaps over :)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#8596
4 weeks 1 day ago
I'm not sure what to think right now. I deleted everything I could find; searched my C drive for "valiance" and deleted everything manually there too and reinstalled from the freshly DLd v10 launcher.

Now my characters are gone (well, ok. Alpha. Wipes can happen at any time for any reason) but the character creation still only shows the above pictured white cube; although this time it comes with a height meter next to it. I mean I know you guys have your hands full on the game; but besides this being a thing for months from what I gather from various forum posts it happens to several people.

TL/DR:
:angry:
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#8597
4 weeks 1 day ago
@Anothername, I'm getting ready to push a build up for you and another member to test. It's a private build, but I'll email it to you from our customer support email. So far I've helped 3 others resolve it with another private, but but another seems to be having this problem after not having it before the last patch. I'll drop you a line here once I have it uploaded. Fixing one last bug that I feel could be causing the data corruption, and I'll start the upload.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
1 user said "Thank You!"
 
#8598
4 weeks 1 day ago
IronSight wrote:
@Anothername, I'm getting ready to push a build up for you and another member to test. It's a private build, but I'll email it to you from our customer support email. So far I've helped 3 others resolve it with another private, but but another seems to be having this problem after not having it before the last patch. I'll drop you a line here once I have it uploaded. Fixing one last bug that I feel could be causing the data corruption, and I'll start the upload.

:blink:

Whoa, admit it it. You refreshed this topic for the last months 24/7 just to post that the second I added post here. That was insanely fast.

Ok Mr. Allen; I'm looking forward to it. ;)
The administrator has disabled public write access.
 
#8599
4 weeks 1 day ago
Let's just say I literally took a break and opened this thread to drop an update right as you were clicking "Submit". This is reality!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: IronSight, AEGIS