RESEND ACTIVATION EMAIL

If a user exists with the inputted email, an activation email has been sent.

Superpowers

• Lightstorm
  • For every villain, there is a hero
4 years 10 months ago
Hi guys. Gonna apologize again for loving forums so much lol. Some thoughts just popped into my head and I thought I would share them. So, recently I have been looking into actual supernatural powers some individuals seem to have and wondered if anyone on here believes in superpowers. I believe in them to an extent and am not ashamed, but for specific reasons, I'd prefer not to share at this time. So, feel free to post your reply on whether or not you believe in superpowers.
Peace.Justice.Power
The administrator has disabled public write access.
1 user said "Thank You!"

• SKIPJACK
  • Developer
  • Chaos, I do it for the Lulz.
4 years 10 months ago
Depending on the power, sure.

It's a bit weird, but I can tell emotion based on how someone chats with me. Even something as simple as "Hey, how's the weather."
Not really a super power, but I like to think it's nice lol.
I would say back away slowly but umm… I think I’ll just shoot you.

• Lightstorm
4 years 10 months ago
But nothing outrageous like, for instance, ergokinesis (the ability to generate and manipulate energies) or pyrokinesis?
Peace.Justice.Power

• SKIPJACK
  • Developer
4 years 10 months ago
Honestly, I believe it's possible. Tricks can be crazy, but to give the idea of a super power it had to begin somewhere. At least, that's how I see it.

A guy doesn't wake up one day wanting to trick people by moving objects.

• Lightstorm
4 years 10 months ago
Ergokinesis is actually my chosen power. I guess it would transfer to "Energy melee" in Valiance. I just think harnassing and manipulating pure energy, would make a person incredibly powerful and full of potential, as well as full of the potential to do good for the world.
Peace.Justice.Power

• SKIPJACK
  • Developer
4 years 10 months ago
If I had any power in the known current universe to use, it'd probably be a combination of water-bending and clairvoyance.

The thought behind it is i love languages, and if i could master one by clairvoyance that'd be so cool. and I just love water, so being able to play with it on a super power level would be awesome.

• Lightstorm
4 years 10 months ago
Okay. Not entirely sure how to say this, so this post will be lengthy.
First of all viewer discretion advised as some of the content may be considered offensive. Content may be contrary to personally held moral, ethical, or religious, beliefs.
Second, this is mainly for Skipjack in case of anyone else reading this.

Skipjack, I have come to consider you something resembling a friend, considering we haven't actually met, and have had limited communications so far. This is personal, but also kind of strange. This is about the reason I believe in superpowers to an extent. I am a Christian. I am not ashamed of it, just do not want to shout it out to everyone. So the reason I believe in superpowers is that God actually blessed individuals in the Old Testament with superhuman gifts. He blessed Samson with insane strength, Elijah with speed in one case, His disciples with healing and miracles, and at one time, he gave Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego with the ability to withstand incredible heat. So, In that spirit, I believe only if I think God has chosen to bless the individual seeming to display these powers. Just wanted to get my reasons out.
Peace.Justice.Power

• SKIPJACK
  • Developer
4 years 10 months ago
You're perfectly fine. While I wont touch on that subject purely out of professionalism I respect your reasoning.

I just think the hypothetical's of super powers are always fun to see what people would want if able to choose.
Moderators: IronSight, AEGIS