RESEND ACTIVATION EMAIL

If a user exists with the inputted email, an activation email has been sent.

VALIANCE ONLINE ROLEPLAYERS

• Page:

6 years 9 months ago
Gerald Deemer wrote:
ZeeHero wrote:

Well people should be punished for harassing other players regardless of the server they are on.

This is absolutely true. But I have to admit that some RPers sense OOC talk as a harrassment. I remember the days in Champions Online when casual gamers came to Club Caprice and started trash talking. Everyone knew that Caprice is a RPers hotspot. You could not punish them for be there and talk OOC but it was definately a harrassment for all the roleplayers there.

Well, that's only harassment if you count stuff like not looking in peoples' eyes as you pass by them harassment IRL. At the absolute WORST, OOC-talk, unless directly aimed at somebody IC, is on par with the so-called "micro-aggressions" that "progressives" will call you a racist sexist homophobe over.
I want it, thus am I Greed.
I wage it, thus am I Wrath.
I will it, thus am I Pride.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

6 years 9 months ago
I think we can safely get up from the trenches here. I've never seen anything on or off the forums that makes the devs here seem like some kind of crazed fascists. I'm pretty sure we're talking about something like the best parts of the Virtue server, except official, and with the ability to easily move characters in and out of it. New users won't accidentally make a character on the RP server and then face the choice of deleting their character if they don't want to roleplay.

There are obviously differences between how hardcore people are in their roleplay, but the difference is less in practice than if you have to draw up some kind of legislation for it. I for one trust the devs, not to come up with a magic solution that fits everyone (because that is not humanly possible) but to make something that works pretty well, and adjust it if needed. After all, they love the game more than anyone, and have put in the effort to prove it.
1 user said "Thank You!"

6 years 9 months ago
lol I trust them, too, moreso just sayin' that most players would probably get a bit.. frustrated.. with simply being banned or muted for speaking OOCly. I highly doubt it'd ever get to that point though, but I can understand that it is very likely I misinterpreted what was said (after all, it's like seven AM, and I've been up since before noon yesterday.

If I did misinterpret what was said, I deeply and humbly apologize for it, and re-reading that second one I sound like I'm getting on the defensive a wee bit, though that thought hadn't occurred to me either until @Itlandm's comment.

6 years 8 months ago
I began RPing after noticing a big group of RP'ers at Pocket D on a Saturday night... I had never done anything remotely RP and due to their friendliness and encouragement I got sucked in. I think having a wall like a dedicated RP server may discourage someone not looking to explicitly RP, and may prevent players from being exposed to all of the cool, natural interactions they might have.
2 users said "Thank You!"

6 years 8 months ago
I've RP'd in every single game I've played. TigerOpsF has been a part of many of that.

The community here is great from what I have seen. The ability to transfer from the OOC and IC servers would be fantastic.

The only thing I can think of when it comes to what would separate an "RP" server from a "Normal" sever is that when people start to harass others, they are taken care of. Either talked to, a temp ban, something along those lines. People should be able to RP as freely as they want without having a group of people making fun of them or trying to interrupt what they are doing.

But I am also of the boat that I'm not IC 100% of the time and shouldn't be forced off a server.
Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Varbear.
3 users said "Thank You!"

6 years 8 months ago
Starless wrote:
I began RPing after noticing a big group of RP'ers at Pocket D on a Saturday night... I had never done anything remotely RP and due to their friendliness and encouragement I got sucked in. I think having a wall like a dedicated RP server may discourage someone not looking to explicitly RP, and may prevent players from being exposed to all of the cool, natural interactions they might have.

That's actually about how I got sucked into RP, myself.

Back when I was, like.. Really damned young, during WoTLK, I played on the WoW server Argent Dawn. I hadn'd even known what RP was, but liked that I wasn't auto-flagged for going to the opposing faction's territory. I met a group of RPers who inevitably sucked me in, though my knowledge of WoW lore at the time didn't go either before or after Warcraft II (the only other Warcraft game I've played, even today.. Stiiill holding out hope they give THAT a make-over so that people can enjoy the glory that is Warcraft II's story without an emulator.).

After that, I mostly was hopping between Argent Dawn, Wyrmrest Accord and Twisting Nether for awhile (and boy was it lolworthy seeing max-level players flat-out take pity on the someone trying desperately to outrun their flying mounts in Cata), until AD's community died and it became abundantly clear that about the only RP guilds on RPPvP servers were military themed or house themed...

The damned house guilds.. I will attest that they are what ultimately drove me from what has been one of my favorite games to play of all time. If you didn't agree to follow their -ACTUALLY- made up lore, they would blacklist you. I detested that.
1 user said "Thank You!"

• Gerald Deemer
  • Premium Member
  • Heroic Roleplayer since 2009
  • FounderBronzeSilver
    Gold
4 years 10 months ago
Cekseiro wrote:
Most RPers don't have the patience to, say.. level, while IC,

Well THIS is the best RP I ever had. No stupid story, no one has to act like a figure in a movie. IC while doing missions is the best! Especially in a Superhero MMO! :silly:
Day one member of Valiance Online´s roleplay community!

4 years 10 months ago
I never did like seperate servers for RP players. I liked to RP growing up, but friends didn't. So it sucked having to split up.

• Gerald Deemer
  • Premium Member
  • Heroic Roleplayer since 2009
  • FounderBronzeSilver
    Gold
4 years 8 months ago
SirStriped wrote:
I never did like seperate servers for RP players. I liked to RP growing up, but friends didn't. So it sucked having to split up.

On separated servers you can find friends, too.
Day one member of Valiance Online´s roleplay community!
  • Page:
Moderators: AEGIS