RESEND ACTIVATION EMAIL

If a user exists with the inputted email, an activation email has been sent.

SOH and COT won´t have accessible buildings

• Gerald Deemer
  • Premium Member
  • Heroic Roleplayer since 2009
  • FounderBronzeSilver
    Gold
5 years 4 days ago
So another chance for Valiance Online to take another path and set itself apart from all other Superhero MMOs out there.
The other games won`t have accessible buildings at least at the beginning.

What are the VO guys thinking about that?
Day one member of Valiance Online´s roleplay community!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
1 user said "Thank You!"

5 years 4 days ago
While I would love a fully decked out with interiors city I do not expect it since its a lot of work. I hope for several interiors though; love snooping around and discovering the small details and stories told just by the surroundings and decor of an apartment/office/restaurant.

I hate cruising through hollow facade cities.

Something I can envision is using the player housing/job system to transfer part of the workload of making an alive city to the playerbase. i.e. have big skyscrapers full of apartments which players could set to public access.

I was able to kill hours in DCUO by just visiting other players bases and admiring what they made up, getting inspiration for my own home or in some cases laugh my butt of for various reasons.
Last Edit: 5 years 4 days ago by Anothername.
1 user said "Thank You!"

• Gerald Deemer
  • Premium Member
  • FounderBronzeSilver
    Gold
5 years 3 days ago
I agree. It would also be cool to have some places in skyscrapers to be accessible just for RP. Even if you can`t get a quest there it would be nice to have some places where clans and groups can meet.

• SKIPJACK
  • Developer
  • Chaos, I do it for the Lulz.
5 years 3 days ago
I do know it's been mentioned about player houses and such, so at least in that regard there are buildings accessed, plus with quests and general snooping there are places around the map. If you're not in the discord, here's a mini bit from Jax about it when we were talking alliance/guild stuff:

"Yeah we have a pretty robust Alliance and Coalition(Group of Alliances) system that includes base building/property owning systems. Its not currently in the game because there are some account/character management changes coming."
I would say back away slowly but umm… I think I’ll just shoot you.
1 user said "Thank You!"

• Gerald Deemer
  • Premium Member
  • FounderBronzeSilver
    Gold
4 years 11 months ago
This is great. To be able to build guild bases AND have local RP hotspots in several city buildings is fantastic.
Last Edit: 4 years 11 months ago by Gerald Deemer.

• Xetxuna
  • Conscious Ubiquity Embodied
  • BronzeSilver
4 years 11 months ago
This is a genius idea, I second the notion to have accessable buildings if even for just other place to meet up with people. Could you imagine being able to tell your group to meet up at the library on such & such a street? Planning to organize events etc in a discrete local which only your group is aware of being somewhere to meet at said aforementioned time?... Honestly this is a great idea and I can't wait to hear/see it's implementation. It wouldn't even matter if entering a door into a bulding was a loading screen into another instance specifically for those withing the building, whatever's clever honestly.

Kudos for the OP for bringing this idea back to the table..
̘̝̞̼̺͓́͘X͠͠͏͓̹̻͈͔̗͎̼̪̟̪͕͚̲͎̱͞͡ ē͈̭̜̣͇̖̼̞̰̣̥͇ͣͭͭ̎̐̏̃̐͐͆̈͒̊̆̉̇͐̏t̬̻͕̤̲̣̰ͬ͆̂͑̑̃͐̒̒ͯ͐̃ͩͬͫx̫̟̞̪̱̻̝ͤ̊u͕̲͍̪̪̅̎n̻̺̦͈̞͍͌̍ͣ̔̚a̭̼͈̮̒͌
1 user said "Thank You!"

4 years 11 months ago
it would be nice to at least have a few proceduraly generated office blocks, sewers extra like CoX had one of the big things that made millennium city in champions seem generic and small was lack of 'doorway' missions

even if you cant manage many walk in and out buildings to start putting proceduraly generated interiors and mission doors in will add a lot of depth, 1/2 my time in CoX was spent in said door missions
Such is Life
Knowledge is power, hide it well

• SKIPJACK
  • Developer
  • Chaos, I do it for the Lulz.
4 years 11 months ago
Most likely, we do have quite a few plans for interactive buildings, but we would totally allow for entry at least just because that gives a chance for those who want to RP random stuff.
I would say back away slowly but umm… I think I’ll just shoot you.

• Gerald Deemer
  • Premium Member
  • FounderBronzeSilver
    Gold
4 years 11 months ago
SKIPJACK wrote:
Most likely, we do have quite a few plans for interactive buildings, but we would totally allow for entry at least just because that gives a chance for those who want to RP random stuff.

Great! Thanks for the information.
Moderators: AEGIS