RESEND ACTIVATION EMAIL

If a user exists with the inputted email, an activation email has been sent.

Private Alpha Client Testing!

• Page:

• AEGIS
  • Administrator
7 years 1 month ago
Devs are currently testing the private Alpha client. More screenshots (and possibly video) on the way!

The topic has been locked.

• Haplo
  • Premium Member
7 years 1 month ago
HAHAHAHAHA!!! The sweet irony. Kiss my butt you naysayers! Looking pretty legit to me.

Can't wait to see a video and for this thing to go public! WOO!

Indeed - please do a video. Just some quick gameplay or flyby of a building or two, doesn't have to be some spiffy rollout vid or something. Thanks!

Later
1 user said "Thank You!"

• Vizz
  • FounderBronzeSilver
7 years 1 month ago
Awesomeeee!!! I can't wait to try it myself!

7 years 1 month ago
A video would be great, tbh it is hard to tell through screenshot. A video would be dandy.

Only three people amped? Where is everyone? A video would do the trick in my opinion.
Last Edit: 7 years 1 month ago by TheCity.

• Vizz
  • FounderBronzeSilver
7 years 1 month ago
Dude, he's getting 10-20 fps. that isn't video worthy. Idk what kind of laptop or desktop he's on, but it isn't powerful enough imo~

• AEGIS
  • Administrator
7 years 1 month ago
Vizz wrote:
Dude, he's getting 10-20 fps. that isn't video worthy. Idk what kind of laptop or desktop he's on, but it isn't powerful enough imo~

The dev client has a ton of other debug elements and content in it that isn't in the public client.

You'll see more accurate numbers when we post screenshots using the actual client.
1 user said "Thank You!"

• AEGIS
  • Administrator
7 years 1 month ago
Some more information from the developers...

The world is in lots of pieces that aren't visible to the viewer, but in the release client all elements are combined, reducing the video cards drawcalls to only about 10 calls instead of tens of thousands.

The process of "baking" the map to large elements like that can take up to 6 hours.

If we did that each time we made a new update and wanted to test the client we'd never be able to get anything done.

7 years 1 month ago
Exciting news. Keep up the steady progress, it's coming along nicely.
1 user said "Thank You!"

7 years 1 month ago
Haplo wrote:
HAHAHAHAHA!!! The sweet irony. Kiss my butt you naysayers! Looking pretty legit to me.

Can't wait to see a video and for this thing to go public! WOO!

Indeed - please do a video. Just some quick gameplay or flyby of a building or two, doesn't have to be some spiffy rollout vid or something. Thanks!

Later

You can count me as one of those naysayers, I am not impressed, need to see more, a video can tell me a lot about the state of the game.

I am not going to get excited, no, not yet. The frequent screenshots and no video footage still seems fishy to me. Is the game running as an alpha product should? Nobody knows yet. It should be interesting.

• AEGIS
  • Administrator
7 years 1 month ago
1 user said "Thank You!"

• Haplo
  • Premium Member
7 years 1 month ago
TheCity wrote:
You can count me as one of those naysayers, I am not impressed, need to see more, a video can tell me a lot about the state of the game.

I am not going to get excited, no, not yet. The frequent screenshots and no video footage still seems fishy to me. Is the game running as an alpha product should? Nobody knows yet. It should be interesting.
AEGIS wrote:
Several video clips posted at valiance.shogn.net/forum/bulletins-annou...90-alpha-test-videos

Are you excited yet? I've heard, that with some garlic and butter... crow really isn't all that bad. Should be some good eatin' there TC.

Looks like a pretty solid *Alpha* product to me. Hell, if you can run, jump, and fight, with some world elements working - then you're into the Alpha phase compared to a lot of games these days. It looks good to me. I know I'm looking forward to it! :)

7 years 1 month ago
Haplo wrote:
TheCity wrote:

AEGIS wrote:
Several video clips posted at valiance.shogn.net/forum/bulletins-annou...90-alpha-test-videos

Are you excited yet? I've heard, that with some garlic and butter... crow really isn't all that bad. Should be some good eatin' there TC.

Looks like a pretty solid *Alpha* product to me. Hell, if you can run, jump, and fight, with some world elements working - then you're into the Alpha phase compared to a lot of games these days. It looks good to me. I know I'm looking forward to it! :)

I will be back with my honest opinion. Excited to get some actual footage. You should share your comments about the video too, instead of worrying about me, I am good. This is VO, not The City Online.

7 years 1 month ago
Bravo, I am actually for once excited for the project. Great going.

The animations can be better, but it is alpha afterall and I can tell what is going on which is all that matters.

3:33 looks like a the Street Fighter Hurricane Kick. I am excited to see more combat from other powers or weapons. 3:46 is hilarious. Will the kick animations be sped up? looks ok, but slowish.

The graphics are fairly solid to be honest, not bad, not bad at all.

Still no timetable or estimation?

keep working, looking solid. is there anything you guys can tell us about the powers which may be available for alpha or the customization? maybe another video? I like what I saw. The Valiant if I got the name right looks cool.

7 years 1 month ago
Oh yes I know what I wanted to ask, how are the pets coming along? The pet customization and general system?

Grappling?

• Haplo
  • Premium Member
7 years 1 month ago
TheCity wrote:
Clearly you are looking for a fight, but you are not going to get one.
Nah man, I don't look for fights, especially when there is none to be had. I just love how you high and mighty types love to claim consistency when you're all over the map throughout these forums on how great this is, how horrible it is, and especially how it's never going to come to fruition. You can deny that all you want, but your comments trail behind you and tell a different story sir.

Personally, I'm going to hold off until I actually play the game before I get too concerned about anything anyway. I have no 'fishy' concerns to begin with. Have a great day and enjoy the videos. From what I saw, I think there's plenty to like and obviously some things are still just plain 'Alpha'.

That's just it, it isn't a matter of how great these videos are. It's simply that they are actually here. They look good enough to make me want to get with my friends and try it out, and to top it all off - it's progress as promised. I see with my own eyes where my money went. In a nutshell - Nobody at VO has ripped me off. It's all good.

Later!

7 years 1 month ago
Haplo wrote:
TheCity wrote:
Clearly you are looking for a fight, but you are not going to get one.
Nah man, I don't look for fights, especially when there is none to be had. I just love how you high and mighty types love to claim consistency when you're all over the map throughout these forums on how great this is, how horrible it is, and especially how it's never going to come to fruition. You can deny that all you want, but your comments trail behind you and tell a different story sir.

Personally, I'm going to hold off until I actually play the game before I get too concerned about anything anyway. I have no 'fishy' concerns to begin with. Have a great day and enjoy the videos. From what I saw, I think there's plenty to like and obviously some things are still just plain 'Alpha'.

That's just it, it isn't a matter of how great these videos are. It's simply that they are actually here. They look good enough to make me want to get with my friends and try it out, and to top it all off - it's progress as promised. I see with my own eyes where my money went. In a nutshell - Nobody at VO has ripped me off. It's all good.

Later!

The videos are solid, not great.

This is what i meant by people who are the extreme of high praise.

You left out the majority of my comments, no biggie, I deleted them anyway because they were uncalled for.

This is VO, not the City Online, you have been giving me more attention than the game. What about the game man? Am I really that interesting? Guess so.

Why are you bothered by my criticism? I find that strange. You dont know me personally, but obviously, my opinions are important to you otherwise your past few comments would be about the game and not me.

• Haplo
  • Premium Member
7 years 1 month ago
TheCity wrote:

You left out the majority of my comments, no biggie, I deleted them anyway because they were uncalled for.

This is VO, not the City Online, you have been giving me more attention than the game. What about the game man? Am I really that interesting? Guess so.

Why are you bothered by my criticism? I find that strange. You dont know me personally, but obviously, my opinions are important to you otherwise your past few comments would be about the game and not me.

Like you said, most of your comments were uncalled for, so I left them out as well.
I agree the videos are solid, but show signs of needing improvement. Like I said before - They are looking real good, but obviously some 'Alpha' stuff in there.

I make all kinds of comments about this game, you just skim over them because you're too busy reacting to my criticism to notice the normal, and even tempered comments I make about it.

You're right that this is VO, but I have to admit, for all the truly negative nancy crap you've pulled in the past regarding this game never making it, it being a possible scam, etc. - I have enjoyed poking fun at you and making this forum a small 'TheCity Online' for myself the last few days.
Man, talk about narcissistic! hahaha, but hey - we all have our faults, and mine is being hung up on the fact that these people have treated me well, and CoT treated me like dog crap, and after just ignoring you for a long time... I figure what the hell. You're a big boy. You can take a little ribbing. You don't strike me as some snowflake that can't take it.

Now that they're showing some of their progress, your more even-keeled side is back out so I'll leave you be, but I have no problem admitting that I absolutely am jabbing at you a bit. You deserved it man. Sit back and enjoy the show with the rest of us now that you have something to look at that fits your definition of what should be available to critique and comment on, rather than the conspiracy theories right?

Later man. Have fun with it.

• HotNerd
  • Premium Member
  • I'm allergic to Discord.
  • FounderBronze
7 years 1 month ago
[Off-Topic] the first picture has a 'Sapper', that name reminds me of Malta from CoH. The ones that would drain endurance. I wonder if these guys do the same thing.. then again, why would such low lvl enemy have this move? So it's probably not likely, right? /ramble

7 years 1 month ago
Haplo wrote:
TheCity wrote:

Like you said, most of your comments were uncalled for, so I left them out as well.
I agree the videos are solid, but show signs of needing improvement. Like I said before - They are looking real good, but obviously some 'Alpha' stuff in there.

I make all kinds of comments about this game, you just skim over them because you're too busy reacting to my criticism to notice the normal, and even tempered comments I make about it.

You're right that this is VO, but I have to admit, for all the truly negative nancy crap you've pulled in the past regarding this game never making it, it being a possible scam, etc. - I have enjoyed poking fun at you and making this forum a small 'TheCity Online' for myself the last few days.
Man, talk about narcissistic! hahaha, but hey - we all have our faults, and mine is being hung up on the fact that these people have treated me well, and CoT treated me like dog crap, and after just ignoring you for a long time... I figure what the hell. You're a big boy. You can take a little ribbing. You don't strike me as some snowflake that can't take it.

Now that they're showing some of their progress, your more even-keeled side is back out so I'll leave you be, but I have no problem admitting that I absolutely am jabbing at you a bit. You deserved it man. Sit back and enjoy the show with the rest of us now that you have something to look at that fits your definition of what should be available to critique and comment on, rather than the conspiracy theories right?

Later man. Have fun with it.

Hey Haplo, dont worry about little ol me, they need you more over there on massively. Go forth, defend the honor of your game. I dare you, you wont because it is the numbers game over here on VO.
massivelyop.com/2017/02/11/valiance-onli...ut-for-a-test-drive/

Listen, I am fine with letting things slide and minding my own business, but don't come at me sideways with nonsense. I am simply stating facts here; me and the people outside of these VO circles feel the game needs work.

Oh no, don't layoff.

lets talk about this massively review comment section.

As I was saying,, VO aint ready, it needs work.

It may or may not be ready, ever. or it may flourish.
1 user said "Thank You!"

• Haplo
  • Premium Member
7 years 1 month ago
TheCity wrote:
Hey Haplo, dont worry about little ol me,
I'm not
they need you more over there on massively. Go forth, defend the honor of your game. I dare you, you wont because it is the numbers game over here on VO.
massivelyop.com/2017/02/11/valiance-onli...ut-for-a-test-drive/
I don't have anything to defend. I don't have a psychotic need to run around to various forums or comment sections to feel like I'm supporting a particular game I like. Have fun with that. I'm good.
Listen, I am fine with letting things slide and minding my own business,
Oh the hell you are... what to you call all this? lol!
but don't come at me sideways with nonsense.
The only one sideways in this whole conversation is you
I am simply stating facts here; me and the people outside of these VO circles feel the game needs work.
Can you read? Or do you just choose not to? I don't know anyone here who thinks the game is done, or will be done anytime soon. Of course it needs work. It's ALPHA. Holy crap seriously? LOL
Oh no, don't layoff.
Hey, I tried. Your wish is my command in this instance.
lets talk about this massively review comment section.
Let's not. I could care less.
As I was saying,, VO aint ready, it needs work.
As I was saying,, I can't figure out why you are having difficulty with that concept?
It may or may not be ready, ever. or it may flourish.
Whadaya know? We sortof agree even! I'm confident it will have a final release. I'm even confident it will be successful, simply because of the character of the people behind it imho. HOWEVER... we won't know until we get there will we? So I'm not concerned.
Try to have a good day man. I'm gonna catch some Zs before I have to get down the road here.
Later
  • Page:
Moderators: IronSight, AEGIS