RESEND ACTIVATION EMAIL

If a user exists with the inputted email, an activation email has been sent.

Unable to heal

6 years 8 months ago
I have a heal power but i'm unable to use in in fight because it automatically target my ennemy target rather than target myself
The administrator has disabled public write access.

• Haplo
  • Premium Member
6 years 8 months ago
One of the powers in the healing set is a Foe Damage power called Overheat. So it is going to target an enemy to utilize the power, not an ally. It would be expected behavior.

Hover over the power and read the details... see if it says it should be a Heal - Self, Ally, etc. or if it says Foe, Damage, etc.

• HotNerd
  • Premium Member
  • I'm allergic to Discord.
  • FounderBronze
6 years 8 months ago
Haplo wrote:
One of the powers in the healing set is a Foe Damage power called Overheat. So it is going to target an enemy to utilize the power, not an ally. It would be expected behavior.

Hover over the power and read the details... see if it says it should be a Heal - Self, Ally, etc. or if it says Foe, Damage, etc.

Uhh.. this has nothing to do with OP's post. You try making a ranged character and try to heal mid combat. Sometimes the heal will flat out not work. The animations break and powers become unusable. I think the heal requires a target and it's not 100% entirely PBAoe. I noticed that when I click the heal, my target changes. Sometimes the target choices flickers between myself and the enemy and the targetting goes back and forward stuck in this loop.
Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by HotNerd.

• Haplo
  • Premium Member
6 years 8 months ago
HotNerd wrote:
Haplo wrote:

Uhh.. this has nothing to do with OP's post. You try making a ranged character and try to heal mid combat. Sometimes the heal will flat out not work. The animations break and powers become unusable. I think the heal requires a target and it's not 100% entirely PBAoe. I noticed that when I click the heal, my target changes. Sometimes the target choices flickers between myself and the enemy and the targetting goes back and forward stuck in this loop.

I only have ranged characters. I personally have not experienced this issue - that is after levelling 4 toons up to 50 (during the XP bug) and 2 of them up to 8 and 17 so far after the patch. All of them have the Heal secondary (because that's all there is right now). My intention to help out is well placed with my experience in the game - that's all that was intended.

Your scenario that you explained reads entirely different from how I read the original post. Since the OP gave no frame of reference such as yours. Probably best for someone to submit a bug report from inside the game as soon as possible after it happens.

• HotNerd
  • Premium Member
  • I'm allergic to Discord.
  • FounderBronze
6 years 8 months ago
Haplo wrote:

I only have ranged characters. I personally have not experienced this issue - that is after levelling 4 toons up to 50 (during the XP bug) and 2 of them up to 8 and 17 so far after the patch. All of them have the Heal secondary (because that's all there is right now). My intention to help out is well placed with my experience in the game - that's all that was intended.

Apologies for coming off as rude! and I didnt know that was you! there's so many identities to keep up with! Lvl 8 and 17 are pretty high up in this patch! Perhaps only certain powersets encounter this issue? I have an Archery/ and a Ice/ that both encounter this issue. I think what I described is what OP was referencing. Posting on the forum helps me pass the time until the next update and i dont want to be a toxic person...
Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by HotNerd.

• Haplo
  • Premium Member
6 years 8 months ago
No worries - I can get my feathers ruffled in here pretty easy myself. It's hard not to at times. I've been with this project since its early days and I know many people here have. It's way more difficult in other threads to keep a level head cuz you know how long the road has been to get here, how hard but fun it's been, and how great the devs are ... and still check yourself that the people just now coming in have no idea about any of that stuff. lol

Later
Moderators: IronSight, AEGIS