RESEND ACTIVATION EMAIL

If a user exists with the inputted email, an activation email has been sent.

Avatar spasms prevent power activation in combat

6 years 8 months ago
Sorry, I'm doubling up since I submit most of my bugs in-game, but it seems like a lot of folks are doing it on the forum so not sure which is preferred. I ran into a situation several times following 0.0.1.1 where I would enter combat but couldn't activate my primary powers (Martial Arts). Instead my toon would just do this spasmy thing, like he was trying to bring his arms up into a combat animation and got stuck in an infinite loop.

In most cases I can break the loop by activating a secondary power (Iron Resolve, or whatever it's called). But all my secondaries are supposed to be passive, so I don't count on being able to "activate" them in this manner forever. Normally I wouldn't even have passives in my tray.

Not sure if anyone else saw this, and sorry again for duplicating an in-game bug report.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
1 user said "Thank You!"

• HotNerd
  • Premium Member
  • I'm allergic to Discord.
  • FounderBronze
6 years 8 months ago
cristobal03 wrote:
... 0.0.1.1 where I would enter combat but couldn't activate my primary powers (Martial Arts). Instead my toon would just do this spasmy thing, like he was trying to bring his arms up into a combat animation and got stuck in an infinite loop.

Currently my Street Brawler/ Iron encounters this issue.

In most cases I can break the loop by activating a secondary power

I also experience this.
Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by HotNerd.

6 years 8 months ago
I have had the same issues, sometimes having to log out to fix it.

• Crypto
  • Silent Forum Lurker
  • FounderBronzeSilver
    Gold
6 years 8 months ago
Made my first toon today with Martial Arts and Iron Resolve an got stuck in a spasmodic loop.
Help me make the Valiance Online Wiki!

valianceonline.wikia.com/wiki/Valiance_Online_Wiki

6 years 8 months ago
Thanks for the report everyone. Can anyone provide me with an absolute way to recreate this bug? I've tried all the methods I've seen in the videos that have been provided, but I can't seem to recreate it.

6 years 8 months ago
No definitive steps to reproduce, but I have noticed also in 0.0.1.1 that occasionally while running around, the toon's run animation changes to something like a stereotypical ape (arms don't rock like a normal run, more like a side-to-side dumb shuffle thing). I don't know if the two are related, like moving toward a mob somehow catches in the weird run animation, which is incompatible with primary power animation? I'll keep playing around and look for repeatable patterns.

6 years 8 months ago
Are servers down? I was really hoping to jump on in and level up.

6 years 8 months ago
DeathClutch, bad form to hijack a thread, but for server status you can check valiance.shogn.net/forum/investor-releases/2692-server-status.

IronSight, I can't get this to happen today for anything. I've tried everything I could think of. Maybe it was a one-off particular to 0.0.1.1?

[edit]
Nope, it *just* happened again. No idea how. I didn't do anything unusual, but this is basically what I did (if I remember correctly):
  • Popped a primary attack to target mob
  • Approached mob using up arrow
  • Mob aggro'ed me as I approached
  • Animation loop

I'm currently being attacked by two mobs. My toon is in nonstop loop, although he will break the animation for just a second in order to animate when I get hit.

I've been wondering if it has something to do with the hand glowing animation and bringing fists up to combat-ready.

Oooh, this is interesting. If I try to target the other mob, either through tab or manual click, I can for like a fraction of a second, but then the target switches back to the first one I targeted by popping a power.

Regular orthogonal movement does not break the loop, but right-clicking just did.

I'll keep mucking around.
[/edit]
Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by cristobal03. Reason: Raised fault just after posting.

6 years 8 months ago
Bumping because I semi-intentionally replicated this.

I popped a power to target a mob *after* it aggro'ed on me and started coming at me. Then up-arrowed to approach, and animation loop.

Confirmed just now that strafing also does not break loop, and neither does jumping. BUT. If I run far away enough (maybe 10m?) from the originally targeted mob, loop breaks.

[edit]
Confirmed. You can make this happen intentionally by popping a primary power to target a mob that has already aggro'ed on you. It happens every time I've tried.

But you have to have been out of combat for a while or something. There's a distance from target component to this, I think. Yes, definitely this. If the mob aggroes on you and you wait until it's really close before popping a power to target, the animation lock doesn't happen. You have to trigger the power while the mob is still out of range of the attack.
[/edit]
Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by cristobal03.
1 user said "Thank You!"

6 years 8 months ago
Also, it has to be a melee-type mob. Just tried on a gunner and it didn't work.

The end, I'll stop bumping this now :blush:

6 years 8 months ago
Thanks Cristoball. I was able to isolate this bug and I'm working on it now.
1 user said "Thank You!"
Moderators: IronSight, AEGIS