RESEND ACTIVATION EMAIL

If a user exists with the inputted email, an activation email has been sent.

How to Bork up the Character Creator 8/6/17

• Duane
  • Premium Member
  • FounderBronzeSilver
    Gold
6 years 8 months ago
I saw this in the forum and I could not repeat it, but then I finally could repeat messing up the character creator. I repeated until I did it in the least number of efficient steps.

1.) Create Character from a fresh logon, no other tasks performed.
2.) Pick any Origin and press Select (that's the transparent button on the models, uhm, crotch)
3.) Select Appearance in upper right corner
4.) press BACK button
5.) Now you have No Powers (see attached)

Sometimes I can recover from this by selecting Origin or Groups (Upper Left) but ... not this time as I write the post. The Back and Next buttons seem to get me stuck with just Melee, no secondary power and no way to restart the process.

I like the character creator, but I am getting used to its quirks. It seems like there are too many branches to do different things at once and in general the navigation fuzzy. Am I clicking upper left, upper right, lower left or lower right to progress/reverse? When do I click that transparent SELECT button on the character model?? Didn't I already do that once? again?

Can the character creator be more linear from start to end and just left / right arrows and the only item you change on the fly is the name?
Attachments:
Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Duane.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

6 years 8 months ago
I tend to agree here. The navigation menu seems to imply you can switch back and forth between appearance, powers, cloths etc. but if I try anything out of order, it locks up. I think a more linear approach would be good, removing the ability to navigate with the tabs, straight to appearance then back to powers then forward to cloths etc. I would think keeping with the "next" and "back approach would lessens the chance someone misses something along the way. Just my two cents.

6 years 8 months ago
Thanks for reporting this. We've resolved this issue and it will be implemented in the upcoming patch.
2 users said "Thank You!"
Moderators: IronSight, AEGIS