RESEND ACTIVATION EMAIL

If a user exists with the inputted email, an activation email has been sent.

Private Investor Access

6 years 1 month ago
Like many others, I cannot find how to download version 9, which I obviously need to do, replacing version 8. I have no email response to a support ticket entered over a week ago and all I see on here are questions, "Do you have access to the private investors forum?" I donated quite some time ago and have played when servers have allowed. I would really like to get back in and play but cannot get any help in making that happen. Please, how do I get to the "private investor" with the super secret access to the game?

Thank you very much

CDUB
The administrator has disabled public write access.

• AEGIS
  • Administrator
6 years 1 month ago
There is a private investor area on this forum. If you are logged in to the forums you should see it.

If not, please email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and they can get you access.

Thanks!

6 years 1 month ago
I invested $50 back in 2-26-2016, but it doesn't appear I have any of the "Investor" perks. I'm sending an email now.

[edit] Ah, looks like I have the silver border, just no access to the investor forums.
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Zanriel.

• AEGIS
  • Administrator
6 years 1 month ago
Will followup with the support folks...

• Lord Remo
  • Save People, cause damage... check!
  • BronzeSilver
6 years 1 month ago
Perhaps you could actually describe, detail or even screenshot show us where this access is? I do not see anything in the dropdowns, any link to click on or anything that denotes the private access forum other than this topic heading... and your responses speaking of it. I as the others are anxious to start playing now that we have donated, thank you. The last response was 4 days ago.
What do I bring to this fight? A bucket of JUSTICE!

6 years 1 month ago
Hi,

In case you haven't located it yet, there is a "box" just under the "Valiance Bulletins" box on the home page of the forums. The box under this is titled "Investor Discussion". The first topic in that box is "General", click that, then look for the Topic titled "Download Links (new)". The first post has the current download link, although it isn't working for me.

Hope this helps!
1 user said "Thank You!"

6 years 1 month ago
Does it matter? Haven't been able to get into the game period. It hasn't actually been up since I joined.

6 years 1 month ago
Imaskari wrote:
Does it matter? Haven't been able to get into the game period. It hasn't actually been up since I joined.

Same, but this is what my thinking. This game is still in it's infancy. When I put down the money, it was more for me to tell the devs yes I want this game to happen. It's an investment not a purchase. So if they have to pull the Valiance-Mobile into the garage here and there for a time and work under the hood, give it a new paint job, flush the transmission, it's frustrating for us the consumer, but it's also...really kind of important at this stage in the games development.

6 years 1 month ago
No, It IS amazingly annoying, but yes, I'd rather a working (as much as Alpha can be) and right as opposed to half-assed doing something. That was frustration, more than anything. I remember back to DAoC days, so growing pains aren't now.

6 years 1 month ago
I totally agree that it's important for them to fix things and make the best product possible. However, leaving their investors completely in the dark with post after post of unanswered problems just isn't the way to do it.

I'm a founding investor......put my money down before there was even anything to look at, at all. And I've been left repeatedly emailing support for 4 months with NO answer from them at all. So, I came to the forum, thinking maybe things are more active here and my problem might get addressed, and I find the same thing, only from multiple other investors being left with unanswered problems.

My original problem was that I wasn't granted access to the investor area, so I couldn't download the Alpha link. When I finally gave up on "support" helping me, after 4 months, I came here and fumbled around enough that somehow, mysteriously, I managed to gain access to the locked investor area of the forum. How? I have no idea.....no one sent me a message saying "You're approved, we're sorry we've locked you out for the last 4 months, but here you go!". No, I just managed to click around enough times that I suppose it jarred something loose and the Investor area just magically appeared when I clicked the forum home button yesterday. Yes, I realize that's not possible, however, I have NO idea why all of a sudden, I was granted access. No communication whatsoever.

So, now that I've got access to the download link, I jumped on it ready to download and get in the game that I've been waiting forever to look at after the public beta closed. But no.....now there's a .dll error. I decide to bypass the email "support" since it's been utterly useless to me, and post here with my problem. 24 hours later, and several other people have the same problem, and yet no one in "charge" has addressed the issue.

I'd be willing to let that .dll error go because it's alpha and all.....but the utter lack of communication when they've got my money, and are asking for more of it, is unacceptable. So yes, I agree, we shouldn't expect a finished product. But we CAN and SHOULD expect the people that have taken our money to keep us informed as to what's going on with it.
2 users said "Thank You!"

• Lord Remo
  • Save People, cause damage... check!
  • BronzeSilver
6 years 1 month ago
An awesome reply, Doggirl211! You gave me exactly what I needed that was so "Cryptic" in all the other responses. I have now downloaded the game and eagerly await gaining access when it is back up and running so I can waste 10,000 hours designing the look of my first toon! :woohoo: My SHIP has come in!
Attachments:
What do I bring to this fight? A bucket of JUSTICE!
1 user said "Thank You!"

6 years 1 month ago
Okay.

So with help from a post by Doggirl211 I was able to find the investor link again. YES!

Now, next question.... when is the server going to get back up so we can get in? Sounds like it's been down for a bit now, eh? :(
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Tolk63.
1 user said "Thank You!"

• KidRad
  • FounderBronze
6 years 1 month ago
The best place to ask for immediate response is in the discord (not sure what the link is, but it's there if you hunt around for it). I asked yesterday, and got a response from IronSight that it is almost done. Which could mean that they will have it back up by the end of the week, or it could be another month, lol.

• KidRad
  • FounderBronze
6 years 1 month ago
Here's the thread that has the link to the discord if you'e interested:

valiance.shogn.net/forum/bulletins-annou...mmunity-chat-discord
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by KidRad.

6 years 1 month ago
KidRad wrote:
Here's the thread that has the link to the discord if you'e interested:

valiance.shogn.net/forum/bulletins-annou...mmunity-chat-discord

Thank you very much for the information, I appreciate your reply.

This is a huge pet peeve of mine. Why do developers even bother making a forum page when they KNOW they're going to ignore it and focus on social media? Why spend investor money on making and "fixing" the forum page when we have to go elsewhere to get reliable information? It's simply wasting our money.

• AEGIS
  • Administrator
6 years 1 month ago
We don't ignore it.

I check social media, Discord AND the forums multiple times a day and try to respond to as many posts as I can.

Other developers might pop into Discord chat as we also use it for development discussion but they answer questions on the forums as well and sometimes on social media. I'm mostly talking about Ironsight the Loquacious of course. :whistle:

Also, even though not as active, I check into our old Greenlight page (soon to be moved to Steam proper), the Titan forums, reddit and other sites as well as comments on any articles about Valiance (like on Massively, MMORPG, etc.).
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by AEGIS.
1 user said "Thank You!"

• AEGIS
  • Administrator
6 years 1 month ago
If you figured out from the above post that I have no life, congrats! You have won a No-Prize!

Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by AEGIS.

6 years 3 weeks ago
This was great, thank you so much!
Moderators: IronSight, AEGIS