RESEND ACTIVATION EMAIL

If a user exists with the inputted email, an activation email has been sent.

Sword stays on fire no matter what

• KidRad
  • FounderBronze
6 years 3 weeks ago
I am a fire brawler, and my fire sword is on fire at all times, no matter what, even when you put it away on your back. When you run with it, it makes a streak of fire behind you. Not sure if this is intentional or not, but it looks kind of ridiculous. Although, I will say, the fire effects look very good overall.
Last Edit: 6 years 3 weeks ago by KidRad.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
1 user said "Thank You!"

• ZeeHero
  • Platinum Member
  • FounderBronzeSilver
    Gold
6 years 3 weeks ago
I'd rather fire brawlers only have swords when in combat and the swords be made ENTIRELY of fire. Not be actual swords.
There is tremendous life and personality in a name. It should be at least as agonized over as any character trait.”
― Travis Beacham

6 years 3 weeks ago
Couldn't this potentially be an optional thing at the player's preference?

I always like the more options than less options mindset. ;-)

• ZeeHero
  • Platinum Member
  • FounderBronzeSilver
    Gold
6 years 3 weeks ago
As long as theres the option to have literal fire swords not swords which are on fire sure.
There is tremendous life and personality in a name. It should be at least as agonized over as any character trait.”
― Travis Beacham

6 years 3 weeks ago
Easiest way I could see to do that would be to have a sort of 'fire core' type weapon, and then have the flaming aura project off the weapons. Pretty simple solution, really.

I do agree though that a sword of pure flame would be slick. Maybe even alternate forms, like a short sword vs longsword.

• KidRad
  • FounderBronze
6 years 3 weeks ago
I was honestly taken aback at the fact that the brawler had a sword at all. When I think brawler, I think fists. I think weapons should be a separate class entirely. I would like to be able to pick between using a weapon or not. If it was my whole body, or even just my fists that was on fire, then having it stay on at all times would be pretty cool I think. And yea, I think the weapons themselves should be made up entirely of fire (or ice, or energy, or dark, or whatever), that would be cooler than just having a physical sword with those effects on them. That way, it could be summoned and disappear in a logical manner.
Last Edit: 6 years 3 weeks ago by KidRad.
1 user said "Thank You!"

• ZeeHero
  • Platinum Member
  • FounderBronzeSilver
    Gold
6 years 3 weeks ago
Yeah flaming FISTS would be far more appropriate. Maybe have the swords be a seperate cosmetic option, make fists the default.
― Travis Beacham

6 years 3 weeks ago
Thanks for sharing KidRad. I have that issue resolved in the next patch. I also improved the emission rate for the fire flame and the flame distortion, so that they're far less distracting.
1 user said "Thank You!"
Moderators: IronSight, AEGIS