RESEND ACTIVATION EMAIL

If a user exists with the inputted email, an activation email has been sent.

Rewards Have Powered Up

6 years 10 months ago

As development has continued we've improved the capabilities of our technology. With this expansion came the ability to offer our donors more benefits as a thank you for their support. Now that we are providing more rewards, the cost of the tiers has risen. Those who have donated in the past will retain their status and benefits, but will now receive additional rewards for their current tier.

Valiance Online: Premium Edition

Originally only available to Gold Donors, the Premium Edition of Valiance Online is now available to Bronze Donors while Gold Donors now receive an extra Premium Edition key. The Premium Edition of Valiance Online will offer owners a set amount of extra game currency monthly, as well as exclusive access to all alpha and beta content as soon as it is released. If we're working on a new power set, Premium Edition owners will be able to test that power set as soon as it is available in-game. The same applies to all aspects of the game from mission content to experimental feature updates. In addition to all of these benefits, we will soon be launching an exclusive private forum for donors which will be frequently updated with an advanced look at content that is still in development as well as other behind-the-scenes updates.

Diamond Donor Cape

Expanded Rewards

During the launch of our on-site funding system, we stated that we would expand the rewards to include features similar to that of our Kickstarter campaign. We're currently updating our donation module to include a button to expand each panel to reveal all new benefits. In the meantime, here is the expanded list of benefits for each tier:

Bronze:

• Wallpapers: Exclusive wallpapers featuring signature characters and environments from Valiance Online.

Silver:

• Silver Travel Power - Laser Skates: Skate through the city on rollerblade-inspired propulsion boots, leaving a trail of laser tracers as you're propelled.
  • Silver Vanity Pet - Deer-Pig Bot: A friendly, pet-like robot-pig with antlers accompanies you on your journey.
  • Extra Premium Edition Key: A free access key for an addition copy of Valiance Online: Premium Edition.

Gold:

• Gold Travel Power - Rocketboard: Fly around the city on land, on water, or through the air on a rocket-propelled surfboard.
  • Gold Aura - Searing Flames: Overwhelming heat emits from your character's body, warping and melding nearby objects.
  • Gold Vanity Pet - Watcher Droid: A modified version of San Cielo Police Department's Watcher Droids follows you on your adventure.
  • Weapon Designer: Create a unique weapon design and our artists will bring it to life; the weapon will be a featured weapon during character generation for all players.

Platinum:

• Platinum Travel Power - Flash Step: Quickly moving between dimensions or frequencies your character moves short distances in milliseconds, appearing to flash in and out of visibility.
  • Platinum Aura - Void Emission: Shrouded in energy from the Void Realm, your aura tends to swallow nearby objects and emit astral projections of void-beings.
  • Platinum Vanity Pet - Cyber Dog: This highly-intelligent, cybernetic dog is always ready for a new mission; it also comes in various styles.
  • Early Alliance Registration: Be a participant of the first wave of players to register your hero or villain Alliance. Alliance tools will be revealed soon.
  • Discovery Medallion Designer: Place your mark on the world by creating a unique medallion to be discovered by fellow players.

Diamond:

• Diamond Travel Power - Elastic Mobility: Flexing, stretching, warping, and twisting about, your character becomes an elastic mass capable of slinging themselves across a short distance rather quickly.
  • Diamond Aura - Nature's Embrace: Encased in natural vines and roots, your body emits fungal mist and twigs a chance to sprout foliage when standing on dirt or grass.
  • Diamond Vanity Pet - Rowane Seedling: Unlike other seedlings that have fallen from the Great Tree Rowane, this seedling has separated from the tree's hive-mind, and is not aggressive or warlike. Feeding the seedling allows it to grow over time.
  • Alliance Base Designer: Become a truly iconic designer by creating an Alliance base in the persistent game world. Chose whether or not your base will be accessible to the general public, or simply make it inaccessible altogether. All publicly accessible regions will be subject to scrutiny due to system requirements.
  • Non-Player Character Designer: Work with our content designers and artists to create a signature character, mob, or mission contact for players to interact with and/or to be featured in future Valiance Online media such as short films and comic books.

We may add additional tiers in the future and will release more information on them in the near future.

Understanding Progressive Donations

Unlike platforms like Kickstarter and IndieGoGo, donors aren’t required to pay the entiriety of a tier, all at once. We've built our system in such a way that you can progressively donate as you chose to, and as you cross financial thresholds you'll unlock access to those tiers. We're currently working on tools to make the experience simpler overall. We're currently working on an "Account" tab for the profile page which will provide access to tools for claiming rewards, reviewing what rewards you've earned, and for submitting information for designer rewards.

Everything is being designed with ease-of-use and user-friendly principles at the forefront of development. We're most appreciative to all of you that have been committed to helping our team to achieve its goals through your financial support.

Read article...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

6 years 10 months ago
Awesome. Can't wait to see what these items look like in-game. I'm horrible at design so hopefully someone is talented like a police sketch artist where I give a minimal description and they figure out what's in my head, lol.
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by SavageFist.
1 user said "Thank You!"

6 years 10 months ago
I am pretty impressed by these rewards. Being able to directly influence a piece of game content is an amazing idea that I hadn't really thought about.
To err is human, to err 404 page not found is computer.
1 user said "Thank You!"

6 years 10 months ago
My absolute favorite point in City of Heroes as well as most games you can mod such as Skyrim and Fallout is when player created content becomes a part of the game. Not only making my own stuff but playing other people's content. There are alot of creative bastards with alot of time on their hands and I love it!
1 user said "Thank You!"

6 years 10 months ago
Man so hyped for this. I swear silver deer-pig bot pet, reminds me of the pig on Seven Deadly Sins. Also those lucky enough to donate for the elastic travel power man im i jealous. That sounds really badass. I hope it will be available for purchase later out once the game is relased.
1 user said "Thank You!"

6 years 10 months ago
A question:
Alliance Base Designer: Become a truly iconic designer by creating an Alliance base in the persistent game world. Chose whether or not your base will be accessible to the general public, or simply make it inaccessible altogether. All publicly accessible regions will be subject to scrutiny due to system requirements.

Thats not a basic feature for Guilds? oO

Are there guild bases for guilds; "Batcaves" and/or apartments (in other words: housing) for individuals?

Sorry if it may sound stupid but seeing what reads like guild hall designer as a super special VIP feature make me go on full red alert.
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Anothername.
1 user said "Thank You!"

• AEGIS
  • Administrator
6 years 10 months ago
Anothername wrote:
Thats not a basic feature for Guilds?

Actually we should make it more clear, so thank you for asking and I am going to update the text in the article.

Alliances will be able to create bases but they will be instanced (like in other games). Donors will have the option to make their bases accessible to the public. It's not something we could let every Alliance do anyway as, well, the server would probably explode. :O

Player housing will be instanced as well...
2 users said "Thank You!"

6 years 10 months ago
AEGIS wrote:
Anothername wrote:
Thats not a basic feature for Guilds?

Actually we should make it more clear, so thank you for asking and I am going to update the text in the article.

Alliances will be able to create bases but they will be instanced (like in other games). Donors will have the option to make their bases accessible to the public. It's not something we could let every Alliance do anyway as, well, the server would probably explode. :O

Player housing will be instanced as well...

Thanks for clearing that up. Great to know :)
1 user said "Thank You!"

• Oskmey
  • WOOT!
  • FounderBronzeSilver
6 years 10 months ago
Great! Looking forward to it. I need to dig out the email that had my level (pretty sure plat) and then decide if I want to go to diamond.

Thank you for creating an opportunity for donors to (literally) leave a mark in the game world.
1 user said "Thank You!"

• Gerald Deemer
  • Premium Member
  • Heroic Roleplayer since 2009
  • FounderBronzeSilver
    Gold
6 years 10 months ago
This is a great idea and a way to get more people supporting this great game.

Well done :woohoo:

I´m looking forward to the donor created weapons and medallions.
Day one member of Valiance Online´s roleplay community!
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by Gerald Deemer.
1 user said "Thank You!"

• Kishe
6 years 8 months ago
Will non-donors and bronze donors have access to travel powers and auras that are at least similar to the higher tier exclusive ones? I would love to be able to use something like the gold and platinum tier auras, but I simply can't afford to donate that much.

• Gerald Deemer
  • Premium Member
  • Heroic Roleplayer since 2009
  • FounderBronzeSilver
    Gold
6 years 8 months ago
Kishe wrote:
Will non-donors and bronze donors have access to travel powers and auras that are at least similar to the higher tier exclusive ones? I would love to be able to use something like the gold and platinum tier auras, but I simply can't afford to donate that much.

Well, would somebody who donated gold or higher feel comfortable with that? I don´t think so. There always MUST be a reason respectively a reward to donate gold or higher. Otherwise anybody would just donate to bronze status.
Day one member of Valiance Online´s roleplay community!
Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Gerald Deemer.

• ZeeHero
  • Platinum Member
  • FounderBronzeSilver
    Gold
6 years 8 months ago
Gerald Deemer wrote:
Kishe wrote:

Well, would somebody who donated gold or higher feel comfortable with that? I don´t think so. There always MUST be a reason respectively a reward to donate gold or higher. Otherwise anybody would just donate to bronze status.

As long as all the super hero staples like Rocket Boots, Regular Flight and Teleport, and Super Speed are avaliable to everyone I don't see a problem with that.
There is tremendous life and personality in a name. It should be at least as agonized over as any character trait.”
― Travis Beacham

6 years 8 months ago
Is there an ETA on when the new donation tiers will be available? I would like to throw some money at this game B)
To err is human, to err 404 page not found is computer.
Moderators: IronSight, AEGIS