RESEND ACTIVATION EMAIL

If a user exists with the inputted email, an activation email has been sent.

"Failed to load mono"

6 years 5 months ago
1) When I open the launcher, the progress bar noticeably pauses at 28% then suddenly tells me it's ready to PLAY
i.imgur.com/3x0TH1S.jpg

2) When hitting Play (or opening the .exe separately) the game throws an Error
"Unable to load mono library from" [see screenshot]
i.imgur.com/hx7QcwS.jpg

3) Note that the game claims to be looking for mono.dll in Windows Player / ValianceOnline_Data/Mono but that folder is empty of files

4) Mono.dll (and another file) are actually in Valiance_Launcher_32bit_Data

5) So I copied those files into the target directory and the game launches.

6) Or at least it bypasses that error and then goes to the Valiance Online game window where it says "Status: Unconnected"
presumably because the servers are down...but are they?
The status update says specifically they are up and the FB reply obviously confirms this

ALSO

7) If I run the launcher again, the launcher/updater removes those files from the directory [making the target empty again] then gets mad that it can't find the files there.

So regardless of server status, I've got at least one MAJOR issue. If the servers are up, then I have two. At least.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

6 years 5 months ago
Delete the Valiance Online folder circled in this screenshot.
imgur.com/a/l8QHZ

Rerun the zip installer and let the patcher reinstall/recreate all of the files properly.

There are multiple threads about this and it has worked in those threads.

6 years 5 months ago
Gaunter wrote:
There are multiple threads about this

They aren't in this Support forum.

Maybe you mean there are multiple threads with subjects about other things with solutions that will also work for me.

The installer asks for a folder/location, that's the one I created and gave to it. I think you probably could have just typed it out, or that circling it once in a single color would have been sufficient.

I appreciate the help but don't see any need to belittle a fellow investor for asking for it.
Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Meridian.

6 years 5 months ago
This worked for me, thank you both!

6 years 5 months ago
tryed deleting the mono.dll and also deleting the entire mono folder, it still says failed to load mono/doesnt try to repair/re download, tried re extracting replaces mono folder with a new one but still doesnt load mono when i run launcher.
tryed deleting the whole thing program and restoring it extra, nothing works atill comes up failed to load mono dll.
ill try completely re downloading but thats going to take me a number of days on my internet(in Australia, the fastest speed the lines here support is 120kbps)
cant even do a full reinstall to new (defult) location still getting failure to load mono
Such is Life
Knowledge is power, hide it well
Last Edit: 6 years 5 months ago by Archanarchist.

6 years 5 months ago
We're currently looking into what is causing this. After troubleshooting, I've found that Unity 3D is somehow changing the binary structure each time we build payloads instead of building them in a progressive manner. I'm working on a solution for it as we speak, but for the moment, the workaround is toe completely remove the entire install directory, then make an empty folder of the exact same name, and then run the launcher.

Let me know if that doesn't resolve your issue. I'll be checking in here frequently.
Moderators: IronSight, AEGIS