RESEND ACTIVATION EMAIL

If a user exists with the inputted email, an activation email has been sent.

Quasi Official-Unoffical Fan Art for Penitence

• Penitence
  • Writer of Words n' Stuff
8 years 1 week ago
So, we've been busy on the production side focusing our efforts in designing the cities and some of the bigger names in the game as far as concept art and mapping are concerned, leaving some of our other sigs down the pipeline... including mine. In the grand scheme of things, Penitence is not as important in the short term as our work won't involve him for a while, so I haven't even asked any of our internal artist to do work on him.

That doesn't mean I wanted to wait though... :whistle:

I didn't want to have my forum avatar be Paramount until we got around to working on him, so I commissioned one of my amazing friends, Angel-wing101 on DevianttArt, to do a picture for him in his style based upon my description for him in the game. I think he turned out great!

Just for some clarity, though we will be focusing a lot of scifi and technology, we still like magic here in VO. Penitence is a magic character and he is posed to be casting his light and dark magic. We were going to do that, but I worried it might make the picture too busy for a forum avatar, so we decided to table the magic effects in this picture for now. That aside, I look forward to sharing more details about him and other characters in the future through more official channels, but for now, I just wanted to throw this little quick peek since some might wonder about my avatar. Oh, and just to put to rest any fears coming from the artwork...

THIS IS NOT A SHIFT IN OUR GAME'S OVERALL LOOK, THIS IS SIMPLY MY BUDDY'S ART-STYLE... AND I LIKE IT!

To be honest, I'm not sure what this falls under in the grand scheme of things. I commissioned artwork for our official character using my money, not company resources, like one would a piece of fanart. It has the look of fanart, though there is no official art for him made as of yet. So, it's an official first look at a concept for one of our characters that is unofficial-ish because the artist isn't affiliated with Silverhelm at all, so its fanart that predates the official art? My brain is going to explode.
Last Edit: 8 years 1 week ago by Penitence.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: AEGIS