RESEND ACTIVATION EMAIL

If a user exists with the inputted email, an activation email has been sent.

No Multiboxing

7 years 7 months ago
Just giving you devs the heads up that you should make a rule against multiboxing if you haven't already, as it takes away from the spirit of games, it's basically a form of cheating. I did a forum search and did not find any information about multiboxing. If this topic has already been addressed, then feel free to delete this topic, thanks.
Last Edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Heartofsteel.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
1 user said "Thank You!"

7 years 7 months ago
Heartofsteel wrote:
Just giving you devs the heads up that you should make a rule against multiboxing if you haven't already, as it takes away from the spirit of games, it's basically a form of cheating. I did a forum search and did not find any information about multiboxing. If this topic has already been addressed, then feel free to delete this topic, thanks.

if someone is paying for 2 accounts, why shouldnt it be allowed?

7 years 7 months ago
ivanhedgehog wrote:
Heartofsteel wrote:

You're assuming that you can pay for accounts. So first of all, this game will probably be free to play, meaning that you can't pay for accounts, meaning that you can have tons of accounts that all shoot the same ability at another player in PvP at the same time, killing everyone in 1v1s, giving you an unfair advantage in a way that the game was not mean't to be played. Even if you did pay for accounts like how monthly subscription games work, which will more than likely not be the case anyways, that fact wouldn't change that you'd have an unfair advantage against other players.

7 years 7 months ago
Heartofsteel wrote:
ivanhedgehog wrote:
Heartofsteel wrote:

You're assuming that you can pay for accounts. So first of all, this game will probably be free to play, meaning that you can't pay for accounts, meaning that you can have tons of accounts that all shoot the same ability at another player in PvP at the same time, killing everyone in 1v1s, giving you an unfair advantage in a way that the game was not mean't to be played. Even if you did pay for accounts like how monthly subscription games work, which will more than likely not be the case anyways, that fact wouldn't change that you'd have an unfair advantage against other players.

I am NOT assuming it will be F2P. I dont really care about your pvp problems, kindly keep them from interfering with pve. In a 1v1...how can they possibly have more than 1 account attacking you? 1v1 is by definition......1 player vs 1 player. maybe they can put code that makes cloning keystrokes unworkable...no way of knowing at this point. I am hoping they keep powers effects separate between pve and pvp so we dont see the old story of pve being butchered in the name of "balance"

7 years 7 months ago
ivanhedgehog wrote:
1v1 is by definition......1 player vs 1 player.

Exactly. a PvPing multiboxer will be 1 player with multiple characters, players should not be able to have multiple online characters copying 1 player's keystrokes at a time, otherwise there's more than 1 character killing individual characters out in world PvP unfairly, and taking slots away from other player's characters in BGs if they impliment them. I'm not typing this because of what you care about, it's to prevent unfair cheating like multiboxing from ruining this game.

7 years 7 months ago
1 v 1 means 1 character vs 1 character....if he could bring 2 characters it would be 1 v 2.. if you brought a friend it would be 2 v 1. is having friends cheating? should the game allow teaming so that you can have your 1v1 bouts? a multi boxer could only bring 1 account against you by definition. unless you feel that the game world should enforce single player battles.

7 years 7 months ago
In almost all cases when people are leveling up in MMORPGs, they are by themselves, it's rare to have friends leveling right there with you every time, while it's not rare to encounter multiboxers in MMORPGs that allow them. I can't imagine this game being so popular that everyone here will have friends leveling with them. High level players rarely go out in the world in groups to PvP against random people in PvP zones. Also players shouldn't be punished for choosing to level by themselves while multiboxers are using 3rd party software not intended to play the game with and getting free PvP kills tormenting players that want to legitimately play the game. Multiboxers are cheaters and don't care about rules, they will use 3rd party software and multiple accounts to cheat until they get banned.

7 years 7 months ago
Heartofsteel wrote:
In almost all cases when people are leveling up in MMORPGs, they are by themselves, it's rare to have friends leveling right there with you every time, while it's not rare to encounter multiboxers in MMORPGs that allow them. I can't imagine this game being so popular that everyone here will have friends leveling with them. High level players rarely go out in the world in groups to PvP against random people in PvP zones. Also players shouldn't be punished for choosing to level by themselves while multiboxers are using 3rd party software not intended to play the game with and getting free PvP kills tormenting players that want to legitimately play the game. Multiboxers are cheaters and don't care about rules, they will use 3rd party software and multiple accounts to cheat until they get banned.

evidently you never played city of heroes. I level about 50% in a set team, I find it a lot more fun than solo. You evidently think VO will be an OWPVP game. If it is, they will lose a LOT of players. Multi boxing is no more cheating than teaming up with friends or using a voice comm program. If the devs say that you cant use macros or 3rd party software, than it is prohibited. until they make those points clear, it is perfectly fine. I level teamed with my wife and a few guildies, I rarely multibox and when I do, one character is on follow, not using any attack powers. So people use multi boxing for various reasons that have nothing to do with PVP. If you want to push for no mutiboxing in pvp zones, feel free. Leave pve out of it.

I have killed off multiboxers in wow wz's in the past, you just have to be smarter than them.
Last Edit: 7 years 7 months ago by ivanhedgehog.

7 years 7 months ago
The only advantage that multiboxers have over teams of players is in simultaneous launch of abilities, however multiboxers do loose out on "placement coordination" since it's very hard to simultaneously make several characters run in different patterns. So tell me Heartofsteel, exactly what is it that a mutliboxer can do that makes it "cheating", especially if compared to a team of players?

As long as each key-press results in only one action being taken by each character then I do not think it should be against any rules to multibox.
1 user said "Thank You!"

7 years 2 months ago
I'm not in disfavor of multi-boxing; as I have done it in several games before. But only when my friends were offline due to work, vacations, etc. Once they got online, it was grouping with them. All I could do was with however many hands I had free; which in most cases is only two. :) I don't feel I ever had an advantage or felt in any way that I was cheating.

7 years 2 months ago
its very unlikely what with travel powers and pvp flagging system that a multi boxer is going to be able to work effectively in pvp in this game, multi boxing in CoX was almost entirely farming AE trying to get a team of heroes around in pvp as a multiboxer was pretty hard people would just go elsewhere and then you have 4 guys on follow of a single person one travel power cancel they all drop to ground following leader
your pretty much limited to only ranged flying damage dealing chars, because you cant manage ability timing for crowd control. and in CoX if you where siting in one spot with a blaster for long a stalker could come past kill one of your guys before you can target them properly and run off and vanish or a controller can aoe control all of you at once
Such is Life
Knowledge is power, hide it well
Last Edit: 7 years 2 months ago by Archanarchist.
Moderators: AEGIS