RESEND ACTIVATION EMAIL

If a user exists with the inputted email, an activation email has been sent.

Special Effects at massivelyop.com

7 years 1 week ago
massivelyop.com/2017/04/13/valiance-onli...ing-special-effects/

Some of the animations seem to take a long time, I hope most will be fairly short.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

7 years 1 week ago
those look pretty damn sweet, id say different power sets will have varying animation times it tends to be a pretty standard balancing method, more powerful attacks especially ranged attacks having longest buildup weak melee attacks having shortest animation time extra
Such is Life
Knowledge is power, hide it well

7 years 1 week ago
Kawless wrote:

Some of the animations seem to take a long time, I hope most will be fairly short.

We'll be sharing a video that shows the animations and effects in Valiance. They duration is reduced by half, so the speed is significantly faster in Valiance.

7 years 1 week ago
IronSight wrote:
Kawless wrote:

We'll be sharing a video that shows the animations and effects in Valiance. They duration is reduced by half, so the speed is significantly faster in Valiance.

Does the performance scale well when you have many players and NPCs throwing powers at each other onscreen?

7 years 1 week ago
There is a lot of resource instancing and pooling tech that happens within the backend. So every effect is essentially regarded as one; we would have to spawn 100+ copies of a specific particle system at a given time to really see dramatic resource consumption However, there is also some tech to limit how many particles can appear in a specified radius within a given span of time. We will eventually expand the limiting component into the advance settings panel.
Last Edit: 7 years 1 week ago by IronSight.

7 years 1 week ago
My understanding is Silver Helm has top notch networking going on. Any performance issues should mostly be client side.
1 user said "Thank You!"
Moderators: AEGIS