RESEND ACTIVATION EMAIL

If a user exists with the inputted email, an activation email has been sent.

Donation Rewards

• Lawl
8 years 2 months ago
After looking over the donation rewards, I noticed that they're not too appealing. The rewards don't seem worth it. And I know what a lot of people will say. "You shouldn't donate for the rewards." And I agree. But, people tend to love rewards. So with that being said, here is a quick list of what I think should be taken out/added to the rewards.

I think ALL of the colored capes should be taken out of the rewards. It doesn't make sense to limit those colors to people that have donated. A super hero MMORPG is all about customization and it wouldn't necessarily be fair if any color was limited to a group of people.

• $1 Donation: Take out the cape reward and keep the Bronze Medallion.

• $25 Donation: Keep the Medallion and Avatar frame. Replace the cape with an achievement or an in game pet (if developers plan to add pets).

• $50 Donation: Keep the Medallion and Avatar frame. Replace cape with previous rewards and add in the reward of giving you the option to have your name added to the game. It can be your real name, character name or user name. Your name could be engraved on a wall in the game. Or it can be added to the credits.

• $200 Donation: Keep the Medallion and Avatar frame. Replace cape with previous rewards. And add in a reward that gives players the option to have their name engraved on a separate wall or their own spot on the credits. But this can be a little more special. Instead of a wall, for example. It can be a building or a statue. And another nice reward would be having a special power that shows other players that this player has donation +200 dollars.

• $500 Donation: Keep the Medallion and Avatar frame. Replace the cape with all previous tier rewards. And add in a reward that gives the players the option to actually have an in game statue of their character with their name engraved. This statue doesn't have to be big and it doesn't have to be in the most popular areas.

• These are just some basic ideas that I've seen in Kickstarters. Obviously, these ideas need to be more thought out. I didn't want to type a whole paragraph about each reward. And there are thousands of ways you can change the rewards that can bring in donations. As of now, every reward is the same thing. The only difference is that instead of getting a diamond travel power/cape, you get a gold travel power/cape. It doesn't feel special. It doesn't feel worth it.

And again, I am aware that people shouldn't donate for the rewards. But this isn't a charity. It is a game and it is a business. And I would love to see it become as great as CoH was. And I do not doubt the developers and the studio. But changing the rewards for the donation can have an impact.
    Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Lawl.
    The administrator has disabled public write access.
    1 user said "Thank You!"

8 years 2 months ago
    Greetings Lawl and thanks for your lengthy input. We haven't really shared many details regarding the upcoming marketplace, as that's something we're still developing, but it will operate in unison with the donors' accounts. When donating, a dollars-to-points translation will occur, giving the donor's account points that can be used towards purchasing marketplace items. The marketplace will feature things such as custom buildings for your alliance/faction (Valiance's supergroup alternative), custom outfits designed specifically for your account, and more purchasable items like thos. We're still very early in the development phase of the marketplace, but we'll soon have some announcements to shares.

One thing I can't help but notice is that you reiterated your support for the ideas "donations shouldn't merit rewards". While I don't speak for everyone on the team, I feel your money does merit rewards. Our legal staff found potential threats to the company that could be implicated if we chose to use the term "invest" and/or "investment"; this led to the use of the terms "donate" and "donation". However, we still view your "donation" as an investment. You are essentially empowering us to maintain and further develop the game. In other words, you're pay for the game's production, and therefore you are entitled to some form of compensation. Ideas, screenshots, and renders don't really represent an "actual" game, and can't really be played or experienced. So it's important for us to acknowledge your donation as a payment towards your future experience of an actual "game". To show our appreciation, we provide those added rewards, because we need you all to see that we're making an effort to give back to you in the same manner as you gave to us.

Expect more inform regarding the marketplace soon, and let us know if you have any further ideas or concerns.
    Last Edit: 8 years 2 months ago by IronSight.

• Lawl
    8 years 2 months ago
    Thank you for the information. I'm definitely excited to see where Valiance ends up in the future and I'll definitely be donating some time in the near future. And I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for more information on the marketplace. Thanks again. :)
    Moderators: AEGIS