RESEND ACTIVATION EMAIL

If a user exists with the inputted email, an activation email has been sent.

What WON'T be making it into the game (at launch)?

7 years 4 months ago
It might be a bit of a throw-out there or too-early-to-tell type of situation, but is there any functionality from City of Heroes that won't be implemented or tweaked upon when Valiance releases? I realize that not every single feature from CoH can be implemented, but it would be nice to know what for sure is making it and what is not

Personally, these are a few that I hope make it into the game either at launch
-Enhancement system as opposed to a gear system. Maybe even a hybrid system!
-Mission difficulties, including adjusting size of mobs and level difference. City of Heroes really made you feel like a god that hasn't been able to be replicated in any of the three other MMOs (WoW, DCUO, or SWTOR)

These are functions that I'd prefer be added after launch to allow people time to adjust before going bonkers on the RPG element
-Power customization (if you don't understand, think Power Spectrum Issue)
-Architect Entertainment/mission creator function. I'd push this as far to probably 3 years after launch tbh xD

This post is meant more for generating discussion rather than say "If these aren't in here I quit the game". Just some ideas to toss around :D

Cheers!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

• AEGIS
  • Administrator
7 years 4 months ago
Right now, we're prepping the Alpha test for launch which will be followed by Beta and then the actual launch so it is way too early to discuss what will and won't make it into launch. We will over time break down what will be in each phase of development (we're looking at some ways to better communicate that).

We're working on our own game and though it is in the superhero genre, we're not specifically trying to recreate City of Heroes (though some of us are former players of CoH and are certainly fans of and inspired by it).

7 years 4 months ago
AEGIS wrote:
We're working on our own game and though it is in the superhero genre, we're not specifically trying to recreate City of Heroes (though some of us are former players of CoH and are certainly fans of and inspired by it).

hopefully everyone here appreciates the fact that this is in fact a completely separate game and not a clone of CoH. But the reason CoH was so popular was it did some things in a unique way from the rest of the MMO world, and i think many of your potential players will be hoping for a similar approach from you guys (especially as some of you were CoH players yourselves). things like power enhancements as opposed to gear, or at least visual gear, as appearance is paramount in a superhero game, and no one wants to be forced to sport shoulder pads that clash with their theme just because of a nice endurance buff.

there is a fine line to walk between including beloved aspects of CoH and making your own unique game. i assume it's very hard for you folks to not rip into someone who's post makes it sound like you are making a direct port of CoH, and maybe don't recognize the amount of effort put into creating something completely new from whole cloth. but the flipside is we are all kind of expecting to get a spiritual successor, and that means all the things we loved about CoH (as completely vague and varied as they may be). and i assume no one wants to minimize your efforts or creativity in this endeavor, but i do think a lot of us would love confirmation that certain features will be "like the good old days". personally, i hope combat functions very similarly to CoH, and that the game will be as solo friendly, but i also hope for a completely new game that offers brand new experiences.

so basically, i guess, we all kind of want you to say "IT'S NOT THE SAME GAME!!! but look at all the sameyness!!!" :unsure:

• Oskmey
  • WOOT!
  • FounderBronzeSilver
7 years 4 months ago
Traegus wrote:
AEGIS wrote:
i hope combat functions very similarly to CoH, and that the game will be as solo friendly, but i also hope for a completely new game that offers brand new experiences.

I liked the simplicity of the combat in CoH but I have adapted to other MMOs quite well in that respect. TSW, GW2, SWTOR... none are perfect but I know I can adapt as long as I can find a good groove going on the rotation.

I hope that the loot system will be similar for group play. Everyone has % chance for a drop and % chance on which drop table. I hate having to roll need, greed, or pass. I hate having things auto-bind on being awarded.

7 years 4 months ago
I would wager the minion options will not make it to alpha, which is something I am looking foeward to; but the final game is too far to tell.

"-Enhancement system as opposed to a gear system. Maybe even a hybrid system!
-Mission difficulties, including adjusting size of mobs and level difference. City of Heroes really made you feel like a god that hasn't been able to be replicated in any of the three other MMOs (WoW, DCUO, or SWTOR)"

I was of the mind-set that we would see this at launch or probably beta, but don't take my word for it, I am merely a fan. I would wager these thing want to be tested.

7 years 4 months ago
Even though it was so limited in early pre-alpha, it felt like CoH still :) It's going to be the "in spirit" replacement and I bet mechanics and feel will be the same. Hoping anyway.
"To be at one with your weakness is your greatest strength"
Moderators: AEGIS