RESEND ACTIVATION EMAIL

If a user exists with the inputted email, an activation email has been sent.

'The Positive Gamer' Review

6 years 8 months ago
The other day I left a comment under one of 'ThePositiveGamer's' youtube videos asking him to check out Valiance Online in an attempt to spread awareness of this beautiful game since he does lots of MMORPG reviews. He may not have a ton of followers, but he does a great job at reviewing games, and bringing in views. Any exposure is good exposure in my opinion. Apparently he took my advice, and according to him he is now an investor! Here is the link -ThePositiveGamer's Video He compares Valiance Online, Ship of Heroes, and City of Titans. Keep up the fantastic work team!

Sincerely 'Reflexes' aka 'ViolentDecay' on twitch, and 'SeparateMyself' on youtube.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

6 years 8 months ago
Although it isn't the most thorough review, hopefully it will bring some new viewers to the game to research for themselves.

• ZeeHero
  • Platinum Member
  • FounderBronzeSilver
    Gold
6 years 8 months ago
The main problem with ship of heroes is the setting is literally a bad fanfic. Like a terrible fanfic. I don't think anybody really prefers playing super heroes on giant space ships, when they could be protecting the earth.
There is tremendous life and personality in a name. It should be at least as agonized over as any character trait.”
― Travis Beacham
2 users said "Thank You!"

6 years 8 months ago
ZeeHero wrote:
The main problem with ship of heroes is the setting is literally a bad fanfic. Like a terrible fanfic. I don't think anybody really prefers playing super heroes on giant space ships, when they could be protecting the earth.

Everything is a fanfic until people like it and support it. Then it's a book, a show, a movie, a game.

• ZeeHero
  • Platinum Member
  • FounderBronzeSilver
    Gold
6 years 8 months ago
MasqureMan wrote:
ZeeHero wrote:

Everything is a fanfic until people like it and support it. Then it's a book, a show, a movie, a game.

That's not what I mean. I mean the story sounds dumb.
There is tremendous life and personality in a name. It should be at least as agonized over as any character trait.”
― Travis Beacham

6 years 8 months ago
ZeeHero wrote:
MasqureMan wrote:
ZeeHero wrote:

That's not what I mean. I mean the story sounds dumb.

My point is that this is your opinion. Not every story resonates with every audience.
1 user said "Thank You!"

• sersi
6 years 8 months ago
MasqureMan wrote:
ZeeHero wrote:

50 Shades of Grey agrees!
1 user said "Thank You!"

• Crypto
  • Silent Forum Lurker
  • FounderBronzeSilver
    Gold
6 years 8 months ago
ZeeHero wrote:

I absolutely second this. Ship of Heroes looks like a good game in general, but when I heard that it is taking place in a spaceship, it immediately turned me off. I don't like this idea at all.
Help me make the Valiance Online Wiki!

valianceonline.wikia.com/wiki/Valiance_Online_Wiki
Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Crypto.

6 years 8 months ago
Crypto wrote:
I absolutely second this. Ship of Heroes looks like a good game in general, but when I heard that it is taking place in a spaceship, it immediately turned me off. I don't like this idea at all.

Well, I think it's a "easy" way to explain zones and their borders/"roof". But I do think the name is dumb. They could - and should - do better. It looks great though.
Something, something, something Darkside.

• Crypto
  • Silent Forum Lurker
  • FounderBronzeSilver
    Gold
6 years 8 months ago
Philosopher wrote:
Crypto wrote:

Well, I think it's a "easy" way to explain zones and their borders/"roof". But I do think the name is dumb. They could - and should - do better. It looks great though.

The problem I see with the events taking place in a spaceship is the environments.

Since the spaceship is obviously man-made, is everything inside the spaceship man-made? Sure, you would have cities, but what about other environments, like jungles and undersea worlds? How do you explain having a gigantic desert in your spaceship? Are the various biomes there to support the various wildlife of Earth? Perharps, but to me it seems way too far-fetched and unsatisfactory. But hey, that's just my personnal opinion...
Help me make the Valiance Online Wiki!

valianceonline.wikia.com/wiki/Valiance_Online_Wiki

• sersi
6 years 8 months ago
i would guess it won't have different biomes - just a large city (with some parks/arboretums/what not).

the idea seemed dumb to me at first, but eh. its comic books. they are allowed to be silly. and, at least in their current versions its the one that strikes me as the most visually impressive. either way, there are like a billion fantasy mmo's out there. there's room for two more superhero ones, and i hope both succeed.

• cyanpill
  • Rise of the Pheonix!
  • FounderBronze
6 years 8 months ago
CoH didn't have deserts, and honestly felt like the only biomes were warehouses and offices, and we didn't mind too much :D I think there are other complains about SoH that are more important, like they will require a monthly subscription, which will limit how many people play. Which will lower the fun of playing with others.

On the topic of the video, I think all three games should try and go in different directions, if they are too similar why play more than one? Why make more than one for that matter.
Backer #261
Check out SEGS, an attempt to remake CoH servers!

6 years 7 months ago
Crypto wrote:
The problem I see with the events taking place in a spaceship is the environments.

Since the spaceship is obviously man-made, is everything inside the spaceship man-made? Sure, you would have cities, but what about other environments, like jungles and undersea worlds? How do you explain having a gigantic desert in your spaceship? Are the various biomes there to support the various wildlife of Earth? Perharps, but to me it seems way too far-fetched and unsatisfactory. But hey, that's just my personnal opinion...

Well they've already said that there will be missions/zones on planets so that kind of gets rid of the man-made limitations. :) I'm sure there could be flora and fauna in a "preservation" or oxygen-generation zone.

I hated the setting at first but after some thinking, I've come around to the idea that here is scope for some really crazy/cool stuff so I'll wait and see. :)
Last Edit: 6 years 7 months ago by Solari.

6 years 7 months ago
Not a lie, when I first saw "ship of heroes," I thought it was something about romantic drama and intrigue.

6 years 7 months ago
Who knows how Ship of Heroes is going to grow. They have said they are an optimistic backstory so perhaps the ships among the stars will go place to place like Star Trek helping and growing knowledge. Rather than a Total recall type of total scum of the future on all sides that we'd fight back against. For my interest Valiance seems like theme and style to fit what I'd like to be involved with. I'm pretty excited either way.

• Zekk
  • FounderBronzeSilver
    GoldPlatinumDiamond
6 years 7 months ago
Here's my problem with 'Ship of Heroes'... YOU CAN'T PLAY VILLAINS!!! :(

Drops the mic
NO LOCK BOXES!!!

• cyanpill
  • Rise of the Pheonix!
  • FounderBronze
6 years 7 months ago
Not just villains, there will be no pets, no control sets, seems like it will be a pretty stripped down game. It might look better, but there will be less game to play.
Backer #261
Check out SEGS, an attempt to remake CoH servers!
1 user said "Thank You!"
Moderators: AEGIS