RESEND ACTIVATION EMAIL

If a user exists with the inputted email, an activation email has been sent.

Update... when?

• Page:

6 years 6 months ago
Honestly, best place for updates is on discord. Ironsight and other devs are very good at giving us a glimpse of what is going on. I think you see a lot less people asking for updates on the new patch in this forum is because many are on discord.

You should should check it out discord.gg/PEPFfNg
The administrator has disabled public write access.

• AEGIS
  • Administrator
6 years 6 months ago
I post updates on the forums as well but was having some issues with posting, now resolved.

6 years 6 months ago
i for one welcome the zombie appocalypse i say launch with extreme mob density zombie survival style :P

on a side note, humans are more likely to be illiterate/inumerate than spam bots these days, (maybe look at something that blocks posts on the google aggregator or whatever its called that tracks searches and prioritizes them which is why most spam bots exist, to manipulate things into the higher results) and just cut out anything that matches the top 10000 current results for google traffic or something, not that spawm is as much of a issue as it used to be and i know theirs 1000 other things to do and it may be more or less impossible to do with the server setup

(also i got a spam check over 30, i didnt know it went that high :P)
Such is Life
Knowledge is power, hide it well

• HotNerd
  • Premium Member
  • I'm allergic to Discord.
  • FounderBronze
6 years 6 months ago
RedFenix wrote:
Honestly, best place for updates is on discord.

YUCK. Fine then I see that my presence is not invited. I've very much enjoyed my life outside the circle of valiance online forums and its ghost town for the previous month or two.

• AEGIS
  • Administrator
6 years 6 months ago
HotNerd wrote:
RedFenix wrote:

YUCK. Fine then I see that my presence is not invited. I've very much enjoyed my life outside the circle of valiance online forums and its ghost town for the previous month or two.

Discord is the best place for chatting perhaps (and honestly is somewhat random and unfocused at times) but we definitely pay attention to the forums. Things may have been quieter here as we are focusing A LOT of our energy on getting the patch done. After that we will also be working on hiring some more community helpers to help us keep up with all of your questions and feedback.
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by AEGIS.

• AEGIS
  • Administrator
6 years 6 months ago
Please also keep an eye on this thread for updates on the server and patch...

valiance.shogn.net/forum/bulletins-annou...server-patch-updates

• Duane
  • Premium Member
  • FounderBronzeSilver
    Gold
6 years 6 months ago
Voice chat is not my thing.... so I will wait by the forums.

yes, the forums have been dead but you guys are busy doing your thing.

Hey, on discord is participation required? Can you just listen in?
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by Duane. Reason: type-o

6 years 6 months ago
Duane wrote:
Voice chat is not my thing.... so I will wait by the forums.

yes, the forums have been dead but you guys are busy doing your thing.

Hey, on discord is participation required? Can you just listen in?

It's just instant messaging, no voice so if people can read forums they can read chat. You don't even have to install a client. It works straight out of the browser.

Edit: yes, Discord does voice but no one is using it that way right now.
Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by SavageFist.

6 years 6 months ago
HotNerd wrote:
RedFenix wrote:

It's all text and not much different than reading here.

• Duane
  • Premium Member
  • FounderBronzeSilver
    Gold
6 years 6 months ago
oh man, the last time I tried something new I might have liked it....

• Pyrion
  • FounderBronzeSilver
6 years 6 months ago
Another patch date missed... that's not terrible, such things happen. What is terrible is the lack of communication. If you promise a patch on monday and none is forthcoming, then you should at least post a reason and maybe a new date. This does make you look unprofessional. The total silence on all channels leads to people like me losing what little confidence we had.

• AEGIS
  • Administrator
6 years 6 months ago
We were testing until late into the night, I should have an update on things this morning.

6 years 6 months ago
Kind of curious here, Is the compiling a monolithic thing that you just fire and come back in X hours or is it something you have to stay on for hours? Does it feed you info as you go or is it a wait till its done to discover if it worked? That could make for some loooong nights.

6 years 6 months ago
if its like most compiling (gfx ext) you fire it up then you walk away because even trying to open a folder on desktop will take 5 mins because it uses every last ounce of processor and gfx card and then it still takes hours and hours and hours and sometimes it crashes out and you have to start the whole compile from the start, after you figure out what caused it to crash or alternatively it compiles but bugs out and you have to diagnose what caused that bug to pop up, work out a solution then recompile it
Such is Life
Knowledge is power, hide it well

• Pyrion
  • FounderBronzeSilver
6 years 6 months ago
From what i can tell, they don't have an automated process for deploying patches or even making a complete build yet. It looks like a tough manual process, judging from all the delays.

That's what they need to establish before they go live. In fact, that needs to be a priority right now because if they do not patch often, alpha testers will report old and fixed bugs over and over again since those fixes will not be on live. That in turn will make the whole alpha process way less usefull and lead to a much more buggy result.

I would love to get a response on that, aegis. I am a professional software developer, maybe i can even be of help.

6 years 6 months ago
I wonder if we will get an update today (in the form of a patch or in written form) The weekend is around the corner, so it would be nice if the patch could be launched before (or during) that. Of course everything has to be done right and you guys have already worked some nights on this, which is appreciated, so keep us in the loop!

6 years 6 months ago
Pyrion wrote:
Another patch date missed... that's not terrible, such things happen. What is terrible is the lack of communication. If you promise a patch on monday and none is forthcoming, then you should at least post a reason and maybe a new date. This does make you look unprofessional. The total silence on all channels leads to people like me losing what little confidence we had.

I have to agree with Pyrion here, last news was that there would be "news" "tonight". That obviously didn't happen. This way it could be stretched out for another week. Try to stick to your dates or word guys. Even if you think you can get something done in 1 or 2 days, just say it will take a couple of days, that way people won't expect anything for a few days.

That being said I hope everything is going well with the last fixes/tweaks/patching progress. I can undestand that not everything went as quickly as you hoped it would, so keep up the good work and hopefully all will go well!

6 years 6 months ago
Last I heard from IronSight a little after 7am PST:

Waiting on one of the other coders to get his last fixes in.
Started on it yesterday but didn't get all fo them in before he crashed out.

There are some issues with the pets and a system he worked on for the chargen that had server implementations that [weren't] as finished as he thought.

Meanwhile here are some new screenshots. Love the ice hold. :cheer:

Old night lighting

Real-life night values.

Mech boss

A look at some pets

Last Edit: 6 years 6 months ago by SavageFist. Reason: messed around with picture size, added another pic

• AEGIS
  • Administrator
6 years 6 months ago
I update this thread with the latest news...

valiance.shogn.net/forum/bulletins-annou...server-patch-updates
  • Page:
Moderators: AEGIS