RESEND ACTIVATION EMAIL

If a user exists with the inputted email, an activation email has been sent.

Game Down Time

6 years 3 months ago
I have a question. I know the game has been down since around 11/30/2017. As of 12/7/2017 the game is not up. My question is when was the last time this legnth of time occurred that the game was down and how long was it down for, longer or not as long?

Thanks, 8-)

Christopher J.

This is an update to my original post. It looks like if you are planning on playing this game it could have down times of up to 25 days. Just to let others know before donating and downloading. If you do not care about down times then by all means donate, but again, this is merely an informative post to let you know that the game could be offline(meaning you are unable to play it after donating) for up to 25 days.

Thanks, and remember please support this game because if you are a COH fan, like many of us here, then this game will likely be your Super Hero MMO of choice. 8-)
Last Edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Christopher Coffman.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

6 years 3 months ago
I'm not sure. The game was up for about a day after I donated and then down for maintenance - and I haven't seen an update for a few days. Hopefully the admins see this an can provide an update on the patching taking place and what the estimated ETA is on the game being up.

6 years 3 months ago
I wish i had read this before i just donated :(

6 years 3 months ago
Well, when you donate, you choose to support the team in the creation of the game. The server has to be down for maintenance and updating to do just that. Kind of like doing Windows updates that require a restart, a game server requires the same thing, if not sometimes longer. I'd rather they take their time to get it just right, than to have the servers up with it crashing every 30 seconds with avoidable bugs and glitches. Have a little patience and it'll be worth the wait. :cheer:
2 users said "Thank You!"

6 years 3 months ago
I agree Azurleus, and I think that building an online game from scratch must be an incredible feat. I cannot imagine how much energy, time, and experience that is required to do something of this scale. I am by no means a content creator, and I would honestly not know the very start of creating a game. However, the more I thought about it, I started thinking was it a good idea to release this game with it now being two weeks since it has been offline. I could see a week, but it is now December 10th and the game is not up nor has there been an update since I think December 2nd. I guess I am like everyone else, eager to see this great accomplishment, but I think maybe they should have waited a little longer before releasing the investors Alpha? Maybe I am wrong about all this. What do you think? Any feedback is greatly appreciated, thanks and take care. 8-)

Christopher J.

6 years 3 months ago
All good points. I invested because i'm a fan of the CoH title and want to see this come to fruition. I don't mind the downtime so much - i understand there are things that take precedence when developing such a game. Having stated that, however - I think ongoing communication goes a VERY long way when you have a community eager to take part in that development - whatever the extent. :)

I'm sure good things are going on behind the scenes, but i'm not sure whether "soon" means a few days, weeks, or months. Hopefully not the latter! In the meantime I have a gazillion other things to keep me occupied.
1 user said "Thank You!"

6 years 3 months ago
Oh so the game has been on an extended downtime that's why I haven't been able to get in. Cool i'll keep checking in here for more info
2 users said "Thank You!"
Moderators: AEGIS