RESEND ACTIVATION EMAIL

If a user exists with the inputted email, an activation email has been sent.

Mutation or Genetic Origin Type

• Broxen
  • I'm happy to be here
  • FounderBronzeSilver
    GoldPlatinum
7 years 11 months ago
I haven't seen this proposed elsewhere, but I would love to see the addition of a Mutation or Genetic origin type. It seems natural in a Superhero MMO and I was surprised it wasn't present in the character creator.

I see a gene mutation as quantitatively different from a Science or Natural origin, as a gene mutation may be caused by any combination of factors natural, scientific or otherwise. Also, it would fill in the void left by the origin descriptions of the existing types, which don't account for characters like Superman or Cyclops.
-Broxen aka Sarim
The administrator has disabled public write access.

• Penitence
  • Writer of Words n' Stuff
7 years 11 months ago
Let me direct you to the Namesake Radio Media Page where we did an interview back in February. Around 8:28 of the "Valiance Online Interview! 2-26-2016" we talk about origins and how they are going to work in the game.

Long story short, we want to to use a 2-tiered system of branching origins underneath the major three branches of Science, Magic, and Natural. Things like Mutation and Technology will fit under those categories along with others for your creating pleasure.
1 user said "Thank You!"

• Broxen
  • I'm happy to be here
  • FounderBronzeSilver
    GoldPlatinum
7 years 11 months ago
Thank you for providing some insight into this. It would be great to see these details fleshed out on the website!
-Broxen aka Sarim
1 user said "Thank You!"

7 years 10 months ago
If one's origin is that they are imbued with superpowers by being marked by a high-technological race from a higher dimension, would that be Science or Magic in terms of origin-story? Maybe that sounds too over-the-top, so I guess the Magic origin branch suffices in the case when you play a character who is originally no superhero but gains superpowers through some kind of divine or cosmic intervention.
"The Burning Passion of Heroes flow within my very soul! Warrior of Everlasting Justice, RED STRYKER!"

7 years 3 months ago
That sounds great. Looking forward to trying all three origins out with my main and alts. Thanks for the link and info!
Moderators: AEGIS