RESEND ACTIVATION EMAIL

If a user exists with the inputted email, an activation email has been sent.

Poll: Character Creation or Level

Upon Char. Creation 3 50%
Through Leveling 3 50%
Total number of voters: 6 ( IronSight, Elleriel, blacke4dawn, funfreak55, Deacon ) See more
Only registered users can participate to this poll

Flight, Speed, or Teleportation?

• Page:

7 years 1 week ago
I'd prefer at creation or very shortly after. Maybe like with CO a 2nd alternative choice after several levels which could fit some themes. A flying character which has super-strength is likely able to have Hulk-like running/leaping too or if the character is magical based could have "spells" to fly and to teleport.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

• ZeeHero
  • Platinum Member
  • FounderBronzeSilver
    Gold
7 years 1 week ago
Yeah that's what I was thinking of. Many heroes have more than one travel ability.
There is tremendous life and personality in a name. It should be at least as agonized over as any character trait.”
― Travis Beacham

7 years 1 week ago
That was one giant problem with COH/COV the hampering of movement powers. I hope to never see a Hover, Flight, Fast Flight system ever again.

7 years 5 days ago
nicoliy wrote:
Deacon wrote:
Same, I really stuck with flight but did make a character to try teleportation.

Flight was my most used for sure (especially after they added after burner). My favorite was super jump though. Even now I still go into Paragon Chat and just SJ around the buildings and such. It was just good fun.

TP I had if it was a good thematic fit. What I liked was binding Lshift+click for it, made it more manageable and useable in combat.

the only one that I had TP on was my stone tank, for obvious reasons.

7 years 5 days ago
I have a suggestion on teleportation. What it your allowed to set a mark on where you'd like to teleport too. But you also had the option to just bind a key to self teleport ahead of you with out the need to mark a destination.
1 user said "Thank You!"

• ZeeHero
  • Platinum Member
  • FounderBronzeSilver
    Gold
7 years 5 days ago
This is how teleport works in most games which have it, at least the "teleport the direction you are facing or moving" part.
There is tremendous life and personality in a name. It should be at least as agonized over as any character trait.”
― Travis Beacham

7 years 5 days ago
Righ. I was just basing my idea on the coh system itself. After cox shutdown I havent submerged into another game long enough to care for their mechanics. But thanks though.

7 years 2 days ago
i used to use hover and TP(if i had the space) cause you could have it toggled on worked well with stalker and have flight travel remover for pvp from flight tree also. TP you got for recall team mate you wanted it on all stalkers.

a key part of CoH balancing was having to pick between travel powers and skills like fitness or leadership

my ninja blade regen stalker would have liked a proper flight, but then i wouldn't have space for a flight disable (just like my Super strength/super reflexes brute would have liked more then just combat jumping and jet packs but no space, or my emp/rad defender, that had space for both flight and recall team), extra, it was solidly balanced, discouraged everyone having exactly the same travel and such on each char made you pick between another primary or secondary pool power or a auxiliary pool or a paragon pool in my opinion it was a great balancing method for travel powers, because travel powers do have combat utility and by attaching entire secondary effect powers like hasten and recall team mates into trees you increased their utility further.
meaning you could build to chars with the same primary and sometimes even secondary with different auxiliary power trees and have completely different outcomes/play style

if you just give everyone travels without it costing a power slot you end up with champions where basically every last person can fly and almost all of them have acrobatics and very few of the other travels are ever used and if they are its only for vanity reasons/role play
Such is Life
Knowledge is power, hide it well

• ZeeHero
  • Platinum Member
  • FounderBronzeSilver
    Gold
7 years 2 days ago
Not really. The reason most travels aren't used in CO is becuase the non Athletic/Flight ones cannot be used in combat. The "non combat" travel power idea was a total failure.

Teleport is also quite useful in pvp as evidenced by the number of people who whine about it when they lose- or even more illogically when they win.
― Travis Beacham

5 years 11 months ago
Because you are this great and powerful being, you should not be limited to walking everywhere.

*Scuse me maam....how long till the bus arrives? i have a bank robbery to stop....*

sigh..hated that in CoH and the fact ya couldnt move while fighting.
  • Page:
Moderators: AEGIS