RESEND ACTIVATION EMAIL

If a user exists with the inputted email, an activation email has been sent.

Heroes/Villains Face Off - RIFTWALKER

• AEGIS
  • Administrator
6 years 10 months ago
As part of our Weekly Community Schedule, we'll pit your heroes against our villains, or your villains against our heroes and see who the community feels would win. A tool for submitting your characters is still being set up so we'll just use this thread today.

We're starting off with the villain RIFTWALKER whose profile can be found in our character database.

Take a look, post your own HERO if you have one to share and then let us know who you think would win in a one on one match up!

Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by AEGIS.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
1 user said "Thank You!"

• ZeeHero
  • Platinum Member
  • FounderBronzeSilver
    Gold
6 years 10 months ago
Can the hero be from another game? I didn't get to make any characters in the pre alpha but I can try entering one of my Champions characters.
There is tremendous life and personality in a name. It should be at least as agonized over as any character trait.”
― Travis Beacham

• AEGIS
  • Administrator
6 years 10 months ago
ZeeHero wrote:
Can the hero be from another game? I didn't get to make any characters in the pre alpha but I can try entering one of my Champions characters.

Sure. We'll have a specific format when the template tool is set up but for now...

I mean... within reason! B)

• ZeeHero
  • Platinum Member
  • FounderBronzeSilver
    Gold
6 years 10 months ago
The hero: Nova (Pictured in my avatar)
Powers: Almost unlimited Super strength, Basic Invulnerability, able to form shields or project blasts of energy, eye beams, hypersonic flight, limited super speed.

Weaknesses: Nova's often likely to charge headlong into a fight even against the unknown, her nigh invulnerability giving her a brash and sometimes careless attitude. While bullets and tank shells bounce harmlessly off her, Chi energy or magical attacks can be much more effective on her, and she cannot take a sustained assault of that kind for long.

Summary: almost the classic flying brick inspired heavily by Supergirl and Captain Marvel (the Marvel one). Not quite as strong as the iconic superman, but could probably take some blows from him and walk away from it. No "Kryptonites" given the limits I did impose on her, but some things are more effective than others.

Who I think would win: It really depends on what kind of damage Riftwalker does with his weapons and powers, whether he's capable of harming Nova with void energy or tricking her into getting banished I think. He'd have to act and think fast though, and try not to get hit since Nova is -incredibly- physically strong.
There is tremendous life and personality in a name. It should be at least as agonized over as any character trait.”
― Travis Beacham
Last Edit: 6 years 10 months ago by ZeeHero. Reason: forgot part
2 users said "Thank You!"

6 years 10 months ago
If Riftwalker can use his teleport as effectively as Nightcrawler and is cowardly as his bio says, it would be hard for anyone to touch him. The criminal background means that he is not afraid to use dirty tricks to win. I don't imagine his shards running out of juice anytime soon either since they were intended for a larger, intergalactic starship.

When going up against a Hero like Nova (ZeeHero), I imagine Riftwalker keeping his distance and waiting for a sneak attack. He would have to quickly gauge whether or not his technology was effective. If it is, Nova might be in trouble. If not, I imagine Nova might have some cool new "alligator" boots :P
To err is human, to err 404 page not found is computer.
1 user said "Thank You!"

6 years 10 months ago
I think in this instance Nova would win. Primarily because she could easily bait Riftwalker into teleporting near her for attacks and use the disorientation from his unsteady power manipulation to either eye laser the heck out of him or at the very least hover in the sky and zip out of the way fast enough to hopefully make him accidentally teleport too close to the ground. Or even better, bait him to get close and then hit him so hard his dino head snaps.

Bit brutal I understand but this isn't Marvel and DC this is Valiance Baby!!

6 years 10 months ago
Frosty, I see the merits of your argument. I think given certain conditions this could go either way. Being sneaky, Riftwalker could wait or lurk stealthily until he could get a claw on Nova and then teleport parts of her body to different locations. If Nightcrawler had been a bit more off the chain I think we'd have seen attacks very similar to that. Great discussion.

• AEGIS
  • Administrator
6 years 10 months ago
Frosty3579 wrote:
I imagine Nova might have some cool new "alligator" boots :P

Moderators: AEGIS