RESEND ACTIVATION EMAIL

If a user exists with the inputted email, an activation email has been sent.

level advancement and gear modding

• Zekk
  • FounderBronzeSilver
    GoldPlatinumDiamond
6 years 4 months ago
I've noticed that quite a few players have been able to progress to level 20 but being that this is just the first part of the first zone in this city it seems that's a little too fast. I know it's alpha and things are very rough however I do kinda like the idea of getting to max level well before endgame type content. For example (sorry to bring up another game but...) in Secret World Legends my character was at max level (50) a little past the halfway point in the game. By this stage I had all ACTIVE powers for my chosen powersets but was still earning XP for PASSIVE powers (of which I had half of the available) and if I wanted I could start getting other active powersets. In addition, I was also able to continue upgrading my gear and weapons which came in very handy by the time I finally reached the current endgame content.

I'm just wondering if something like this is doable that even when you reach max level you're still not ready for the endgame and you can continue to upgrade gear and alter your existing powersets with secondary (or more) effects.

Discuss...
NO LOCK BOXES!!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

• cyanpill
  • Rise of the Pheonix!
  • FounderBronze
6 years 4 months ago
As for leveling right now, I think it was about right. Maybe after levels in testing get increased, there could be a 10x exp event, or just let people start at 20.

The devs said the goal is you stop getting new powers at 50, but you keep increasing in power. And there will be some sort of account leveling that will make all your characters more powerful.
Backer #261
Check out SEGS, an attempt to remake CoH servers!

• Zekk
  • FounderBronzeSilver
    GoldPlatinumDiamond
6 years 4 months ago
Well just for myself I was thinking that since the city is suppose to have like 5 or 6 zones and what's been built is just part of the first zone it seemed that getting to level 20 was kinda fast to me. But I do like the idea of getting to 50 before completing all of the zones like being at level 50 by zone 3 and zone 4 and 5 gives you the xp and gear to beef up your powers. Then by the time you get to the last zone you stand a chance against what's coming your way but still able to tune and tweak the power and gear you got.

I was hoping for a dev to tune in on this conversation and give their thoughts but thanks for the response.
NO LOCK BOXES!!!
Moderators: AEGIS