RESEND ACTIVATION EMAIL

If a user exists with the inputted email, an activation email has been sent.

State of the worlds countries in the VO world?

• ZeeHero
  • Platinum Member
  • FounderBronzeSilver
    Gold
6 years 9 months ago
What is the state of the earth's countries at the start of the VO storyline? (when the player enters the scene after the tutorial)

Is the United States still in roughly the same form? How's China and Russia doing? what about the UK and Europe? Africa? South America? Israel? Liechtenstien?

What kind of governments do the countries in existance at the time have?
There is tremendous life and personality in a name. It should be at least as agonized over as any character trait.”
― Travis Beacham
The administrator has disabled public write access.

6 years 9 months ago
Zee- This is a great question. There is a ton of turmoil that happens well before the existing year of the game in 2103 that helps to shape the Geo-Political scene. In order to spare you the long diatribe of that, I'll simply answer what you asked :D

All the nations of Earth are still in tact but act more like the states in the United States, or provinces within a given country. In 2090 it was agreed that the Earth needed one unified government with representation from every country and group. This was unanimously agreed and so the United Government of Earth was created. (UGE). It was decided to be sanctioned and established with a large headquarters in Greenwich England.

No one country is above the other. Similarly there are superhero and alien representatives on the UGE council and each country is allowed to govern itself as we see today. It is only when issues in each country start affecting others that the UGE meets to make ruling decisions. Very similar to the United Nations today, but participation in the UGE is total, not inclusive by choice.

All the lessons of the past, all the issues created by the Intergalactic War and arrival of, and habitation by extra-terrestrials, Every scuffle about the right to rule brought up by super and hyper humans has been settled.

To that end Russia and China aren't invading the United States. The UK isn't at war with Somalia, etc. etc. If one country (as implausible as it sounds now in 2103) invades or attacks another country, every other country in the world rallies against the attack and quells it. Peace on a global scale has arisen out of the revelation that we aren't alone in the Universe and the knowledge that there are worse enemies out there in space has made a very humble 'human' brotherhood.

One other small detail to bring this to a close is the Governmental seat of each country. For example there is still a President of the United States (POTUS), but POTUS is also the United States' representative on the UGE. There isn't a separate delegate or Senator etc that is responsible for talking about the U.S.' view on issues. This so critical that the responsibility for being a global view leader is one of the primary campaign strengths that is considered before electing new Presidents :D
2 users said "Thank You!"

6 years 9 months ago
Thanks Legacy!
Join me live for a chat at discord.gg/PEPFfNg

6 years 9 months ago
Legacy wrote:
... No one country is above the other. Similarly there are superhero and alien representatives on the UGE council and each country is allowed to govern itself as we see today. It is only when issues in each country start affecting others that the UGE meets to make ruling decisions. Very similar to the United Nations today, but participation in the UGE is total, not inclusive by choice.

All the lessons of the past, all the issues created by the Intergalactic War and arrival of, and habitation by extra-terrestrials, Every scuffle about the right to rule brought up by super and hyper humans has been settled ...

So, to clarify what you mean here: Is every country essentially given the power to do whatever it wants to its citizenry, and when you say, "every scuffle about the right to rule brought up by super and hyper humans has been settled," is that meant to say that issues where superhumans have tried conquering or forming a nation (as unlikely as that latter one may be, though I can see it happening if alternate or pocket dimensions come into play), or when a superhuman tries running for a public office? Or both?

Alternatively; does the UGE step in to quash internal rebellions as they do external invasions (or even use supers to do so), or let them pan out on their own? Do other nations still try discretely to play kingmaker with "deniable assets" like guns for hire and local yokels?

Either way, I can see how many, many characters not of "lawful naïve" and "true Lawful" alignments would be, atleast to some degree.. troubled.. by this, even if it is necessary, or, by some miracle of bureaucracy, even benevolent by nature.
I want it, thus am I Greed.
I wage it, thus am I Wrath.
I will it, thus am I Pride.
Moderators: AEGIS