RESEND ACTIVATION EMAIL

If a user exists with the inputted email, an activation email has been sent.

Size Alteration Powers

6 years 11 months ago
These are powers I've yet to see any of the "big" three superhero mmos properly do. Champions Online almost had it but with only one power that had something tacked on to make a target smaller and their shrink/growth devices, it doesn't entirely count.

At some point I'd love to see some sort of Antman/Giant Man/The Atom archetype with shrink/growth abilities. For instance: shrinking can increase your evasion, attack speed, and accuracy, growth can increase attack power and defense. It could have debuffs such as being able to shrink targets to lower their defenses, or buff other players by making them become larger to increase their attack damage.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

• ZeeHero
  • Platinum Member
  • FounderBronzeSilver
    Gold
6 years 11 months ago
I can see shrinking being more easily doable but giant characters would have to have some restrictions to avoid harassment/blocking of instance entrances and stuff.

People troll with growth devices constantly in other games.
There is tremendous life and personality in a name. It should be at least as agonized over as any character trait.”
― Travis Beacham

6 years 11 months ago
You'll be happy to know that we have an ability called Overgrow, which grows your player a significant percentage larger than they are naturally. There has to be a height cap in-place, which is annoying in some ways but a necessity all the same. We will be adding a shrinking ability as well, using the same tech. However, we haven't had time to experiment with it yet. Shrinking will allow players to crawl into small opening that would normally be impossible to enter.

So yea, we're working on that.

6 years 11 months ago
That...is pretty cool to hear, actually. And understandable about the height cap. Kinda sad, but like you said, necessary. Would love to see the growth/shrinking done in other ways too. Cooldown attacks, stuff like that.

6 years 8 months ago
IronSight wrote:
You'll be happy to know that we have an ability called Overgrow, which grows your player a significant percentage larger than they are naturally. There has to be a height cap in-place, which is annoying in some ways but a necessity all the same. We will be adding a shrinking ability as well, using the same tech. However, we haven't had time to experiment with it yet. Shrinking will allow players to crawl into small opening that would normally be impossible to enter.

So yea, we're working on that.

This is pretty cool. I've never really given this powerset much thought... but seeing it in action would be awesome. Truly.
CoV/CoH refugee LF new home...
Moderators: AEGIS