RESEND ACTIVATION EMAIL

If a user exists with the inputted email, an activation email has been sent.

In game appearance editing/Tailor

• ZeeHero
  • Platinum Member
  • FounderBronzeSilver
    Gold
6 years 11 months ago
Will VO allow you to customize your appearance at almost any time after character creation like Champions Online and Star Trek Online?

This really helps people update their look easily especially if they can't decide what to wear at the character creator at first, and for Power Armor and Cyborg characters adds a new level of immersion since they can constantly upgrade and customize their armor or cybernetics.
There is tremendous life and personality in a name. It should be at least as agonized over as any character trait.”
― Travis Beacham
The administrator has disabled public write access.

• Gerald Deemer
  • Premium Member
  • Heroic Roleplayer since 2009
  • FounderBronzeSilver
    Gold
6 years 11 months ago
In CO you have to pay tons of money (in game credits) to make a complete overdo. The higher your level is the more you have to pay for character changes.
I think this is a pretty good solution if players want to change minor details. The more you change the higher is the server load and if everybody changes his toon for free.... :unsure:
You know what I mean.
I think you should pay in game money to make optical changes.
Day one member of Valiance Online´s roleplay community!

• ZeeHero
  • Platinum Member
  • FounderBronzeSilver
    Gold
6 years 11 months ago
STO allows you to completely alter any aspect of your characters appearance aside from gender, and charges nothing for costume changes. Still I'd be ok with it costing a minor amount of resources in game.

Honestly being forced to stick with the look you chose on character creation would be a deal breaker for most City of Heroes and CO veterans, and probably myself.
There is tremendous life and personality in a name. It should be at least as agonized over as any character trait.”
― Travis Beacham
Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by ZeeHero.
1 user said "Thank You!"

• Gerald Deemer
  • Premium Member
  • Heroic Roleplayer since 2009
  • FounderBronzeSilver
    Gold
6 years 11 months ago
ZeeHero wrote:
STO allows you to completely alter any aspect of your characters appearance aside from gender, and charges nothing for costume changes. Still I'd be ok with it costing a minor amount of resources in game.

Honestly being forced to stick with the look you chose on character creation would be a deal breaker for most City of Heroes and CO veterans, and probably myself.

I agree. Being forced to stay with your very first look would be hell. I payed monster amounts in CO to redefine my heroes.
Maybe everyone should get a "free overmake" at the beginning. One or two per account should be fair.
If they are used the players should still have the possibility to change thier look but not that easy anymore. (by paying resources or buying a overmake in the VO shop)
Day one member of Valiance Online´s roleplay community!
Last Edit: 6 years 11 months ago by Gerald Deemer.

• ZeeHero
  • Platinum Member
  • FounderBronzeSilver
    Gold
6 years 11 months ago
I definitely think it should cost in game resources only (like CO) or be free (Like STO) never cash shop only.
― Travis Beacham

6 years 11 months ago
The costume slot idea worked well in CoH. Most heroes have different costumes for different situations. Even Superman. They should probably unlock at certain levels and be able to be modified using in game currency. I really don't see an issue with making it free either. I know cosmetic items are a favorite for cash shops though.
To err is human, to err 404 page not found is computer.
1 user said "Thank You!"

• ZeeHero
  • Platinum Member
  • FounderBronzeSilver
    Gold
6 years 11 months ago
From what I gather VO will feature switchable costume slots. It's one of the possible donation rewards after all, extra slots.
― Travis Beacham

6 years 11 months ago
ZeeHero wrote:
From what I gather VO will feature switchable costume slots. It's one of the possible donation rewards after all, extra slots.

That sounds wonderful. Usually the cash shop sells costumes and you apply the to different characters in game using in game cash, like COH.

6 years 11 months ago
Re: cost, CoX also had costume change rewards, both as quest rewards and veteran rewards. I thought that was a good model. I don't know if I prefer paying (in-game currency) for the ability to change, or paying (real money) for the things I can change into. I do know that if I've paid real money for costume stuff, I want to change how I look at any time.

I also know I want to be able to change every aspect of my toon's design, including gender and size. We all know it's technically not a problem, so any limitations on re-skinning are purely arbitrary. I think that's dumb.

• ZeeHero
  • Platinum Member
  • FounderBronzeSilver
    Gold
6 years 11 months ago
Most games don't let you change gender but I agree it would be an interesting option to have.
― Travis Beacham

6 years 10 months ago
To answer a few questions presented here.

Yes, VO will allow you to customize your appearance very freely.

There will be a cost to some customizing features but it will not be burdensome as our game will not require money sinks(The purpose of the heavy costs in CO for making character changes).

Yes, we will have preset costume slots for quick change.

Yes, customizing and changing your character will be very open including gender. A core philosophy to our designing for VO is not to stand in the way of your characters lore, so if you are a shape shifting alien that jumps between genders because your race has no gender, go for it. Have fun!
Join me live for a chat at discord.gg/PEPFfNg
5 users said "Thank You!"
Moderators: AEGIS