RESEND ACTIVATION EMAIL

If a user exists with the inputted email, an activation email has been sent.

Player Created Content

6 years 8 months ago
i know your planing to have player created content and i was wondering if you have considered, being mostly volunteer project and all, enabling player created content early on.

put out a submission box and a list of projects that you want done.

'a dark wood' (x10 variants), 'a sewer complex', 'a series of ally ways'

and you could use part or all of some of the submissions rather then having to build all of it from scratch/having it all 100% proceduraly generated.
it would save you man hours, stress test stuff/let you balance foundry early, and give people a easy avenue to contribute.
(you could maybe even take it one step further, depending on the mission editor and setup maps for "communal house painting" where you get people to add details to set pieces of ally-way walls extra for use in procedural generator parts lists as well)

seems to be quite a few RPers that im sure would make some quite cool map arrangements, some missions might be almost complete encounters, then (all this depending what kind of map editor engine your using) you can edit mob type/pathing extra, polish it and bam content you only had to polish, that someone will have a solid connection to when they come across it.
you could get a lot of 'grey" side-missions(newspaper missions in CoX terms) done like that that you can use to add extra flavour to proceduraly generated instance rooms by including them in mix
it would be cool setting up a team knowing 1 of zone X's newspaper missions was based to some extent on a map you personalized. hoping for it to come up in rotation ;p
Such is Life
Knowledge is power, hide it well
Last Edit: 6 years 8 months ago by Archanarchist. Reason: missing word
The administrator has disabled public write access.

6 years 8 months ago
I heartily concur!
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: AEGIS