RESEND ACTIVATION EMAIL

If a user exists with the inputted email, an activation email has been sent.

Server Status Indicator on Forum Homepage

6 years 2 months ago
After having just recently been granted access to the Investor area of the forum, even though I'm a "founder", I've been trying to self diagnose a .dll error I'm getting when I attempt to download the game from the latest download link. Which, by the way, wasn't the easiest thing in the world to locate.

I'd like to request a Server Status Indicator on the home page of the forum....this could be a box, a circle, anything that let's us know at a mere glance, that the server/game is up or down currently. There's plenty of room on the right side of the homepage where a box or "button" could be placed. A button would be even better.....if the game is currently up, the button is green and contains a clickable link to download the game. That kills 2 birds with one stone. We know the game is up, and have immediate access to the latest download link!

This would just save a lot of hunting around for information that frankly, shouldn't be as hard to locate as it is.

Thanks for looking
The administrator has disabled public write access.
2 users said "Thank You!"

• KidRad
  • FounderBronze
6 years 2 months ago
I posted this reply to your other post, but it already exists. If you click "go to main site" on the home page, and scroll down and to the right, it is there. It should definitely be more prominently placed though, I agree.

• NiteCloak
  • Former SG Leader on CoH Protector Server.
  • Bronze
6 years 2 months ago
Honestly, I think the Unity Launcher itself should have that.

The large box in the middle of the screen saying 'UNCONNECTED' is unintuitive at best.
We would be better served by replacing it with a simple alternative stating/showing Server Status: UP/DOWN.
He thought he was a wit. Well he was half right!

• AEGIS
  • Administrator
6 years 2 months ago
Once we have time to work on the planned updates to the site we will see if we can rearrange things to make the server status box more obvious...
1 user said "Thank You!"

• NiteCloak
  • Former SG Leader on CoH Protector Server.
  • Bronze
6 years 2 months ago
Thank you AEGIS (and team).

On the subject of server status, any idea when it might next be online?
He thought he was a wit. Well he was half right!

• Fraile
  • Premium Member
  • FounderBronze
6 years 2 months ago
Doggirl211 wrote:
After having just recently been granted access to the Investor area of the forum, even though I'm a "founder", I've been trying to self diagnose a .dll error I'm getting when I attempt to download the game from the latest download link. Which, by the way, wasn't the easiest thing in the world to locate.

I'd like to request a Server Status Indicator on the home page of the forum....this could be a box, a circle, anything that let's us know at a mere glance, that the server/game is up or down currently. There's plenty of room on the right side of the homepage where a box or "button" could be placed. A button would be even better.....if the game is currently up, the button is green and contains a clickable link to download the game. That kills 2 birds with one stone. We know the game is up, and have immediate access to the latest download link!

This would just save a lot of hunting around for information that frankly, shouldn't be as hard to locate as it is.

Thanks for looking
Thanks for posting this!!!
The Raven observes from the sky. He descends as a death God, and he takes the souls they debt for himself...

6 years 2 months ago
Thanks for the reply! I guess I've never been to that page, lol. I just typed in "valiance online forums" and bypassed that whole section apparently.

I'll be sure to check that from now on, thank you!
Moderators: AEGIS