RESEND ACTIVATION EMAIL

If a user exists with the inputted email, an activation email has been sent.

Change forum display name

6 years 1 month ago
I'm not a big fan of sharing the website login with the game login since this gives any potential hacker half of the info he needs with no effort required. Can we at least have an option to change our display name on the forums? Also, when they look at our profile I don't want my login name displayed anywhere, only the display name they can see on the forums. I'm only suggesting this since as of now, you seem intent on sharing the same login so hopefully this is a good compromise.
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by SavageFist.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
2 users said "Thank You!"

• AEGIS
  • Administrator
6 years 1 month ago
Passed this on to the team for discussion. Thanks!

• AEGIS
  • Administrator
6 years 1 month ago
So the plan is we will be adding the ability to add a new display name.

Note we don't store any data besides emails and usernames on the website or in the game.

PayPal handles all financial and personal details.
2 users said "Thank You!"

• offf
6 years 1 month ago
AEGIS wrote:
So the plan is we will be adding the ability to add a new display name.

Note we don't store any data besides emails and usernames on the website or in the game.

PayPal handles all financial and personal details.

i want to know who's idotic idea it was to use the persons last name as the forum display? this is the dumbest flippin thing i have seen in a long time. i signed up to join the early access and play a superhero game (this is obviously a second one i amde to tell you this). i have zero intentions of giving a penny to a company that uses a persons last name as their display name. (not to mention, these ridiculous spam checks blow chunks)
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by offf.

6 years 1 month ago
Last Edit: 6 years 1 month ago by SavageFist. Reason: *sigh, why do I bother posting

• AEGIS
  • Administrator
6 years 1 month ago
offf wrote:
i want to know who's idotic idea it was to use the persons last name as the forum display? this is the dumbest flippin thing i have seen in a long time. i signed up to join the early access and play a superhero game (this is obviously a second one i amde to tell you this). i have zero intentions of giving a penny to a company that uses a persons last name as their display name. (not to mention, these ridiculous spam checks blow chunks)

We do not force people to use their last name on the forum display. If something is wrong with your account or profile please email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and they will fix it.

That being said, I would ask that you and everyone else in this thread please be respectful both to the developers and other users.

Thank you.

6 years 1 month ago
Last I checked my last name wasn't "NWOrpheus" so I'm not sure where this guy is getting his info from.

Also, the spam checks are some absolutely basic arithmetic. Are they that hard?
3 users said "Thank You!"

6 years 2 weeks ago
the issue is that the spam check for me and I assume for many is off screen and is easy to forget. Let's say you spend an hour crafting a detailed guide to help another member and you submit and forgot there was even a spam check for a split second. Your hour of work is gone. The spam check is also easily bypassed by the check and other capcha style measures. Botting has gone beyond these measures and only really causes inconvinience or worse for actual users now. At some point the restriction should be removed if not entirely scrapped.

• AEGIS
  • Administrator
6 years 2 weeks ago
We'll look into other options but right now it seems to be working.

If you are crafting a lengthy post I would suggest like on any other site you should compose it in Google Docs, Word, Notes or whatever app you choose because even without a spam check there is always a chance of something "hiccuping" and you lose your work.
Moderators: AEGIS