RESEND ACTIVATION EMAIL

If a user exists with the inputted email, an activation email has been sent.

Given up till Alpha?

7 years 8 months ago
Kind of have to agree. I know my two cents are worthless, but I would follow that advice. Probably a good idea to keep this invite only until there's a little more to it and it's a little further along.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

• AEGIS
  • Administrator
7 years 8 months ago
NPC issues should be fixed by tomorrow morning and there will also be a "live" patch (no downtime) to fix some problems people are reporting.

There will be a very large number of updates in the move to alpha. We'll be outlining them in forthcoming blog posts.

7 years 8 months ago
TheCity wrote:
.....On the subject of keeping it 100, I think you guys should shutdown public testing. The game is actually worst than it was before. No way this game hits Steam this year. I am urging you guys to shut it down for now, to the public that is. There is reason why the Titan people are not releasing playable content yet.

If the masses get hold of this product VO is doomed.

Damn, too late...

cityoftitans.com/comment/108876#comment-108876

They are going in, I want to jump in and say something, but I agree...This is bad....real bad....

Hate sounding like a jerk, but there is no way this game can be upgraded into a solid product considering the state it is in. You guys got some magic tech or something?

• AEGIS
  • Administrator
7 years 8 months ago
It's a pre-alpha and is serving it's purpose.

When we add more features, powers, upgrades to character creator and much more, people will see what the game is about...

A lot of updates in alpha (COMING SOOOOOON) so that should help.

Right now we're more concerned about testing and making the game as good as possible right now and people who are testing and giving useful feedback... or just breaking things (ha ha) so we know what needs to be fixed.

7 years 8 months ago
TheCity wrote:
If the masses get hold of this product VO is doomed.

Nah, all he has to do is make a clickbait You Tube video when it's done and he gets new players.

7 years 8 months ago
I think people forget this is a PRE Alpha and are expecting WAY too much.
2 users said "Thank You!"

7 years 8 months ago
BurntToast wrote:
I think people forget this is a PRE Alpha and are expecting WAY too much.

It was in pre-alpha during 2014.......and feels pretty much the same....

The game was also slated to drop into Steam Winter 2016 iirc, but it was taken down after some dude in the Steam page comments brought it up.

I challenge the folks whom keep saying this to youtube pre-alpha games, then come back and talk to me.
Last Edit: 7 years 8 months ago by TheCity.
1 user said "Thank You!"

7 years 8 months ago
TheCity is right. You guys are the laziest developers that the internet has ever seen.

• AEGIS
  • Administrator
7 years 8 months ago
Heartofsteel wrote:
TheCity is right. You guys are the laziest developers that the internet has ever seen.

Or we could be a small team with limited financial resources and day jobs doing the best we can to keep pushing the project forward...

We have a lot of major changes coming up that will be outlined in blog posts and video when we can get them together and will also be talking about the timeline for the move to alpha testing and the launch on Steam once we nail some things down.

That's all I can say for now but will update you when I have more information from the team.
1 user said "Thank You!"

7 years 8 months ago
Going to shut up, keeping my mouth shut until alpha; lets see the progress. This is not coming from a place of anger or disrespect, but I am curious how VO will deliver after such a unplayable pre-alpha. Man I hope I am wrong, but I expect more of the same.

7 years 8 months ago
The level of patience you developers are displaying is quite impressive as I can't imagine any other groups that would have put up with Thecity's attacks and hate mongering. Most would have just banned the individual by now... kudo's to you guys for greater zen then we deserve.

7 years 8 months ago
AEGIS wrote:
Heartofsteel wrote:

Or we could be a small team with limited financial resources and day jobs doing the best we can to keep pushing the project forward...

We have a lot of major changes coming up that will be outlined in blog posts and video when we can get them together and will also be talking about the timeline for the move to alpha testing and the launch on Steam once we nail some things down.

That's all I can say for now but will update you when I have more information from the team.

At some point you will be going full time with this, I understand that is a difficult transition. Will you go all out full dev studio or will it start out with some funding initiatives? I understand if you cant say at this point, just kind of curious as to what stage that move will come in. It will be a big step, and not an easy one.
1 user said "Thank You!"

7 years 8 months ago
Mordray wrote:
The level of patience you developers are displaying is quite impressive as I can't imagine any other groups that would have put up with Thecity's attacks and hate mongering. Most would have just banned the individual by now... kudo's to you guys for greater zen then we deserve.

The alpha project looks pretty bad, it is. Can they ban me for it? Sure, if they want, their boards. Players do the same thing on other MMO boards; DCUO devs work get attacked daily and nobody gets a ban, unless you question moderation, not the game itself.

I am not whiteknighting, just forget it. The project is not good at this time, even your CoT brethen says so....it aint just me folks....

There are others in this thread whom are skeptical, lets not try and make this a "TheCity" thing when others on the forum question the project.
Last Edit: 7 years 8 months ago by TheCity.

7 years 8 months ago
TheCity wrote:
Mordray wrote:

The alpha project looks pretty bad, it is. Can they ban me for it? Sure, if they want, their boards. Players do the same thing on other MMO boards; DCUO devs work get attacked daily and nobody gets a ban, unless you question moderation, not the game itself.

I am not whiteknighting, just forget it. The project is not good at this time, even your CoT brethen says so....it aint just me folks....

There are others in this thread whom are skeptical, lets not try and make this a "TheCity" thing when others on the forum question the project.

I fully expect to see it be kind of rough at this point, everything is still in construction mode, and many things have to be built all over as they learn from their mistakes. I wish they would do a weekly "update", maybe say "working on patch, rebuilding _____ and ____" maybe once a week or so. I sometimes get the perception of valium online, but they are doing this after work and on weekends so that is understandable. Once they have actual funding and start developing full time, you will see some real cool things and much faster progress.
1 user said "Thank You!"

• AEGIS
  • Administrator
7 years 8 months ago
ivanhedgehog wrote:
I wish they would do a weekly "update", maybe say "working on patch, rebuilding _____ and ____" maybe once a week or so.

We'll likely have more help on the community side of things when we move to alpha so this is something we will definitely try to do. Thanks!

7 years 8 months ago
ivanhedgehog wrote:
TheCity wrote:
Mordray wrote:

I fully expect to see it be kind of rough at this point.

I don't.

Again, I have been following pre-alpha/alpha mmo projects for awhile now for awhile now, and I have never witnessed a pre-alpha like this. I am an mmo junkie, I follow nearly every mmo pre-alpha/alpha there is, and this one does not measure up to its' peers. You all can youtube countless pre-alpha projects, tell me there is not some huge disparity between them and VO?

I am not a dev, but I am not dumb. This project is not Steam ready. The alpha will not be some huge jump from what it is now, especially if this is a part time project.

7 years 8 months ago
TheCity I am just trying to understand what you think your purpose is here then? Are you simply here as the anti-cheerleader? Do you think your criticisms will push the Devs harder? From my perspective you are just here taunting people for creating something they love; which is neither productive nor mature. I guess what I am asking is... If this is such a huge disappointment to you...then why bother coming here? At this point your posts are neither constructive nor informative.

7 years 8 months ago
AEGIS wrote:
ivanhedgehog wrote:
I wish they would do a weekly "update", maybe say "working on patch, rebuilding _____ and ____" maybe once a week or so.

We'll likely have more help on the community side of things when we move to alpha so this is something we will definitely try to do. Thanks!

we have no idea as to where they are as far as alpha presentation. they seem to have been building mechanisms within the game to do various functions. As long as they are where their project manager wants them to be, they are on target, I dont try to hold them to some other studios project management goals. we may very well see the first alpha patch have multiple fleshed out zones and character and combat systems. we will have to wait and see. If the game was already to that point, they would be entering beta, not alpha. I am playing a wait and see game, absolutely nothing we can do but wait for them to show us where they enter alpha from.

7 years 8 months ago
BurntToast wrote:
TheCity I am just trying to understand what you think your purpose is here then? Are you simply here as the anti-cheerleader? Do you think your criticisms will push the Devs harder? From my perspective you are just here taunting people for creating something they love; which is neither productive nor mature. I guess what I am asking is... If this is such a huge disappointment to you...then why bother coming here? At this point your posts are neither constructive nor informative.

The game is great and will surpass WoW.

7 years 8 months ago
Sorry if I am hurting feelings, but you guys might just want to stay in the VO hole, because on the outside, people do not have great things to say about VO.

I represent the outside.

You guys represent the inside.

VO is great to the VO faithful.

It is not great to the masses.

I am the masses, what? I cannot critique the game on a forum? Even the DayBreak folks let players do that. Whom did I cuss out? Flame?

WHEN VO DOES SOMETHING WORTHY I WILL GIVE IT PROPS BUY VO HAS DONE NOTHING THUS FAR. I WILL EAT CROW IF THEY DO, BUT I DOUBT IT.

You don't get awards for effort, this is the big leagues, if the game is slacking, players will say so. That is how MMO forums work....

I am begging them to give me a reason to cheer congratulate them, I am begging them to prove me wrong.

Whatever VO does, you all approve, I am not like that; I have an opinion.
Moderators: AEGIS