RESEND ACTIVATION EMAIL

If a user exists with the inputted email, an activation email has been sent.

Given up till Alpha?

• AEGIS
  • Administrator
7 years 7 months ago
We’re still testing and decided to add some additional content for the alpha launch. We have a small development team with limited financial resources so moving forward we’re just going to say “when it’s ready” in regards to when updates will be complete.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
1 user said "Thank You!"

7 years 7 months ago
AEGIS wrote:
We’re still testing and decided to add some additional content for the alpha launch. We have a small development team with limited financial resources so moving forward we’re just going to say “when it’s ready” in regards to when updates will be complete.

Thats great, your update lets us know things are moving along, and we can sit back and give you some space. We understand that at this stage it will be time consuming to put all the legos you have spent the last couple of years building in place. A once a week update like this keeps us interested and connected to the game. Most of us wouldnt even understand the technical aspect of what exactly you are doing anyway, so a general "we are alive and well" statement is great.
1 user said "Thank You!"

7 years 7 months ago
Actually, being the man that I am, looking back at my previous comments, they were somewhat excessive, to the developers that is. Being a man, I acknowledge that I should tone it down, despite what may be true. It is ok to speak your mind, but not excessively or destructively to the product. I will just take a break from the forums, probably return when the product approaches Steam release.

GL, will stay tuned.
Last Edit: 7 years 7 months ago by TheCity.
1 user said "Thank You!"

7 years 7 months ago
Is it time for a monthly update? Still on track for a alpha sometime in the next month or two? Its been very quiet and people are beginning to ask.

7 years 6 months ago

7 years 6 months ago
lol the majority of this thread is 1 guy complaining, i thought there might be some depth in it given it was pages long but its almost all 1 guy saying same thing over and over again.

you know whats funny i saw the pre alpha on you tube and thats how i ended up here because it was a world you could walk around and fight in which is still more then any other attempts at resurrecting CoX have managed paragon chat is closest and that has no combat at all and is backward engineering something not making a world from scratch

the first time you raise a zombie is never pretty, pieces fall off you forgot you hadnt reattached, pieces fall out because you haven't sewn stuff shut, in time you get to juju zombies

also the twitch stream said they where preping alpha on 14th of oct not sure how long prepping takes or if they are going to decide to put more stuff in and reprep
Such is Life
Knowledge is power, hide it well
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by Archanarchist.

7 years 6 months ago
Archanarchist wrote:
lol the majority of this thread is 1 guy complaining, i thought there might be some depth in it given it was pages long but its almost all 1 guy saying same thing over and over again.

you know whats funny i saw the pre alpha on you tube and thats how i ended up here because it was a world you could walk around and fight in which is still more then any other attempts at resurrecting CoX have managed paragon chat is closest and that has no combat at all and is backward engineering something not making a world from scratch

the first time you raise a zombie is never pretty, pieces fall off you forgot you hadnt reattached, pieces fall out because you haven't sewn stuff shut, in time you get to juju zombies

also the twitch stream said they where preping alpha on 14th of oct not sure how long prepping takes or if they are going to decide to put more stuff in and reprep

Guy who calls out a guy for complaining is the same guy whom is complaining because "They said alpha would prep on October 14th" and it is now the 20th lol, good job bringing back the complaining. Be happy that things are taking longer, that means they are working hard. Prep is not a good indication of a release by the way.
Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by TheCity.

• AEGIS
  • Administrator
7 years 6 months ago
Prepping means we're getting things ready. Some things are good to go, others are being debugged, tweaked or finished up.

Will see if I can get a more detailed status update from the team but they're plugging away trying to get stuff done, and yes, we did decide to add more things to alpha as I believe was mentioned elsewhere.

Let's please keep things cordial and not attack people for their opinions... or attack in response.

We don't expect everything to be all sunshine and rainbows and unicorns... this is the internet after all (heh) and we're fine with people criticizing, complaining, etc. We just ask that everyone please keep their cool.

Thank you.

7 years 6 months ago
AEGIS wrote:
Prepping means we're getting things ready. Some things are good to go, others are being debugged, tweaked or finished up.

Will see if I can get a more detailed status update from the team but they're plugging away trying to get stuff done, and yes, we did decide to add more things to alpha as I believe was mentioned elsewhere.

Let's please keep things cordial and not attack people for their opinions... or attack in response.

We don't expect everything to be all sunshine and rainbows and unicorns... this is the internet after all (heh) and we're fine with people criticizing, complaining, etc. We just ask that everyone please keep their cool.

Thank you.

I checked out and apologized here

valiance.shogn.net/forum/valiance-genera...l-alpha?start=60#964

Was not trying to attack anyone, I just thought it was a strange thing do; bring the drama back by doing the exact same Thing I was, but I will leave it be.

News? Good to know, any news is good. Me and probably many others are intrigued by the pet system, some news on that one would be sweet, if applicable. hopefully there will be birds, many birds...

Last Edit: 7 years 6 months ago by TheCity.

7 years 5 months ago
I'm just going to play the waiting game for the moment. Still donating and stuff and just got it to 17% with my latest donation which means I've probably, in total, contributed to 0.7%, lol.

7 years 5 months ago
"Just did a major server code optimization, in last round of bug fixing and are setting up with the Steam folks. No launch date yet but soon!"

Can you at least tell us how things are looking? is the alpha pretty much ready for play?

7 years 5 months ago
Hahaha, never mind, i got my answer on Facebook.

• AEGIS
  • Administrator
7 years 5 months ago
TheCity wrote:
Can you at least tell us how things are looking? is the alpha pretty much ready for play?

Since we have a bunch of pictures to post we can show not tell. :side:
1 user said "Thank You!"

7 years 5 months ago
AEGIS wrote:
TheCity wrote:

Since we have a bunch of pictures to post we can show not tell. :side:

Pets?

Sooner?

Later?

• AEGIS
  • Administrator
7 years 5 months ago
When they're ready...
1 user said "Thank You!"

7 years 5 months ago
AEGIS wrote:
When they're ready...

Thanks, very insightful.....

I figured you all would know if you are even working on them or not.

I Did not need a date, just wondered if they are a early release alpha component, or maybe later than that, or much later in the alpha phase.
Last Edit: 7 years 5 months ago by TheCity.

• AEGIS
  • Administrator
7 years 5 months ago
Don't have any other information at this time. We're focused on getting alpha ready for launch.

7 years 5 months ago
Fair enough, thanks. You guys are communicating, more than I can say for other mmos. It may not be want I want to hear, but it is a response nonetheless, have to respect it and the process.

And GL, like what i see thus far.

On another note, to my fellow players, maybe I had a different version than the rest of ya'll? I do not remember VO being like this for me.

It was rather clunky when I played it, this does look smoother for some reason. My PC is solid, I usually dual play MMOs with web browsing in the background.

And sorry if I am making people want to play again lol.

7 years 5 months ago
Interesting clip, thanks for sharing :)

Annoying question to the Devs:
According to what I saw in that clip with the definitions "Natural (training [Batman?]); Science (devices [... Batman?]) and Magic (supernatural stuff [Thor, Circe?])" what would be HULK like character? It not like he used any devices (excluding stuff he uses to smash other stuff until either or both breaks); he did not became what he is by lifting irons and he has nothing to do with magic.

Maybe include stuff that makes Hulk or Spiderman like abilities possible in the science builds? Even if they might mirror stuff from natural/magic I think it might help immersion.

That all under the assumption that Natural, Science & Magic do define skill choices; if its just flavor to how skills anyone can choose are represented just forget what I typed ;)

Edit: Which area would aliens fall into i.e. Superman; Silver Surfer; Lobo?
Last Edit: 7 years 5 months ago by Anothername.

7 years 4 months ago
Still can't get over how we went from this on August 16th

"We're shooting for the end of the month for the alpha patch."

To

"We’re still testing and decided to add some additional content for the alpha launch. We have a small development team with limited financial resources so moving forward we’re just going to say “when it’s ready” in regards to when updates will be complete."

I am not trying to be mean, but that seems very odd to me. Like, what happened between now August and December, wow.

Some perspective, that was in the summer, we are now approaching winter.

Summer
Fall
Winter

Would have came between that release date and now. Three different seasons.
Last Edit: 7 years 4 months ago by TheCity.
Moderators: AEGIS