RESEND ACTIVATION EMAIL

If a user exists with the inputted email, an activation email has been sent.

Character parts?

• Page:

7 years 3 months ago
Gotta ask: Will the character generation be able to allow for non-human characters? Will satyr be an option? How about hooves and animal legs? Are wings an option? Love to hear details.

/really hoping a centaur body will be available
The administrator has disabled public write access.

7 years 3 months ago
Pretty sure they are aiming for having at least as wide span in variety as CoH had in this regard. That would include wings, tails, animal legs (faux digitigrade/ungulate-type legs and feet), horns, animal/monstrous heads and perhaps a few more I can't remember right now. And of course robotic/cybernetic versions of effectively all of it.
If they have as many options for each "type" at launch as CoH had I'm not sure, but I think they are aiming for getting close to it at least.

I'm certain that, at least over time, we will have every possible option as long as the body form is still humanoid. I still hold out hope for non-humanoid bodies but I'm not expecting it due to how financially infeasible it is.
1 user said "Thank You!"

7 years 3 months ago
I was hoping for CO levels, as CoH was limiting for me. Drat.

7 years 3 months ago
There will be a variety of body parts per their FB page unless they changed something

Player: Am I seeing that right? A centaur design? As in players might or will be able to create a centaur character?

Valiance Online: Yes, we're working on tech to allow players to use centaur lower bodies.

They also mentioned spiders, snakes, birds, etc for pet/minion customization when I asked a long time ago. Again, unless something changed.

"The current system used for them allows the same amount of flexibility as any other character (player or NPC). How much of that is editable on pets/minions is still to be decided, however. There will obviously be many options that will differ between players and pets/minions, just as there are options for NPCs that are not available as player options."

Mika, that appears to be levels beyond CO, so unless something has changed, do not fret. They are doing something special here. VO could be the G.O.A.T mmo, in regard to customization. Pet creation and horse bodies are unheard of, for me at least.
Last Edit: 7 years 3 months ago by TheCity.

7 years 3 months ago
MikaMerrow wrote:
Not sure what you mean there but your initial post only alluded to types of non-human body parts and there CoH and CO are on par as far as I remember. The variations within each type is of course higher in CO but there were some unique ones in CoH as well.

Expecting that VO launches with as many costume items as CO has now may be a bit too ambitious. I'm pretty sure that VO has at least doubled its costume items compared to launch, maybe even more than tripled. Besides, VO has to have something good that can generate revenue ;) .

7 years 3 months ago
VO needs to have the ultimate creator :woohoo:

7 years 3 months ago
Was going to create a new thread, but character parts? I could never create my favorite superheroes, the symbiotes

Man....even in games like Champions Online, it is impossible to truly capture something which resembles a symbitoes. DCUO's symbiotes creations look pathetic, CO had the Roin'esh, but the big kicker was that there were no tendrills. They nailed the symbiote powers imo. Obviously CO could not flat out copy Venom, but it could have been executed better with thier lore. CO did a solid job with it though.

7 years 3 months ago
TheCity wrote:
snip

Heh....... looks like I've found a1fighter from the CO forums.

Hello ;)

7 years 3 months ago
millenniumguardian wrote:
TheCity wrote:
snip

Heh....... looks like I've found a1fighter from the CO forums.

Hello ;)

I did not understand this comment at first tho I am Superwaves. Guardian you must be referring to the Roinesh thread a poster named A1Fighter made. I posted in it but am not him :silly: It took me some time to understand what you were getting at until I search him up and viewed his latest topic was a symbiote one. I thinks he stole my ideas :whistle:

Superwaves in CO and Swagtastic on DCUO message boards.

You must be Themighty, sup. Great to see other Champion players around these parts.

7 years 3 months ago
Okay dokey....... hello anyway!

7 years 3 months ago
Had to create an account for this lmao!!!

7 years 3 months ago
A1fighter wrote:
Had to create another account for this lmao!!!

Fixed that for you ;)

7 years 3 months ago
I dont know how many accounts you two have but leave me out of your bickering. You 2 have drama in champions online part of town I know that much. Both of you need to leave that bull crap there or take it out of here. There are 5 post between the both of you so you guys created accounts just to stir up your champions online drama here.

7 years 3 months ago
Drama? From mr. Doom and gloom himself. how is dcuo these days? Mods still picking on you?

7 years 3 months ago
A1fighter wrote:
Drama? From mr. Doom and gloom himself. how is dcuo these days? Mods still picking on you?

lol, what a hypocrite. You have spent months ranting at us on the CO forums telling us that VO will wipe out all other superhero MMOs and that CO will be destroyed by it. You have managed to build up so much bad feeling towards VO over there.

Any mods on these forums should have a look at the CO forums, find a post by this guy then look at his post history.

He's not doing you any favours.

7 years 3 months ago
blacke4dawn wrote:
MikaMerrow wrote:
Not sure what you mean there but your initial post only alluded to types of non-human body parts and there CoH and CO are on par as far as I remember. The variations within each type is of course higher in CO but there were some unique ones in CoH as well.

Expecting that VO launches with as many costume items as CO has now may be a bit too ambitious. I'm pretty sure that VO has at least doubled its costume items compared to launch, maybe even more than tripled. Besides, VO has to have something good that can generate revenue ;) .

Actually, CoH was incredibly limited compared to CO in terms of non-human body parts (ie it had none as I recall). Also, you had to unlock capes, let alone having wings (maybe later in the life). CO's main and best feature was its character creator, and in order to compete, VO needs to line itself to be at least on par with CO in that regard.

As for the revenue, there are other things one can charge for other than costumes (although costume sets are a good idea). Having a freeform slot, Rez devices and bonuses, etc. I primarily am looking for something more than the usual human build.

7 years 3 months ago
CoX had lots of non human options i had a satyr a werewolf numerous different robots/androids/cyborgs you had to have unlocked costume bits in some cases like buying valkarie set for armoured wings or earning vanguard set for single eye sloped full helmet but it had a lot of options it didnt however have the posture options of CO or tails so i couldn't make a shark with 4 robotic limbs scurry about the place like some kind of cyborg shark ape like i can in CO so it did go further in some respects but you could definitely have multiple mechanical non human or animal characters in CoX
Such is Life
Knowledge is power, hide it well

7 years 3 months ago
MikaMerrow wrote:
blacke4dawn wrote:
MikaMerrow wrote:

Actually, CoH was incredibly limited compared to CO in terms of non-human body parts (ie it had none as I recall). Also, you had to unlock capes, let alone having wings (maybe later in the life). CO's main and best feature was its character creator, and in order to compete, VO needs to line itself to be at least on par with CO in that regard.

As for the revenue, there are other things one can charge for other than costumes (although costume sets are a good idea). Having a freeform slot, Rez devices and bonuses, etc. I primarily am looking for something more than the usual human build.
Maybe when CoH launched it was limited in the types of non-humanoid body parts that it could offer but when it closed it essentially had them all. Now I'm not talking about the different options for wings tail legs heads and so on but rather just the basic types themselves (think the slot itself if it helps).

I am expecting that at launch VO will have all the different types that CO has now, not as many options as CO has but the same types.

7 years 3 months ago
blacke4dawn wrote:
MikaMerrow wrote:
blacke4dawn wrote:
MikaMerrow wrote:

Maybe when CoH launched it was limited in the types of non-humanoid body parts that it could offer but when it closed it essentially had them all. Now I'm not talking about the different options for wings tail legs heads and so on but rather just the basic types themselves (think the slot itself if it helps).

I am expecting that at launch VO will have all the different types that CO has now, not as many options as CO has but the same types.

Here's a sample of characters I have in CO I hope to make in VO.
Here
Here
Here
Here
And Here

HINT: None of these I could make in CoX, ever.
Last Edit: 7 years 3 months ago by MikaMerrow.

7 years 3 months ago
MikaMerrow wrote:
blacke4dawn wrote:
MikaMerrow wrote:
blacke4dawn wrote:
MikaMerrow wrote:

Here's a sample of characters I have in CO I hope to make in VO.
Here
Here
Here
Here
And Here

HINT: None of these I could make in CoX, ever.

Playing around with the COX creator theres things I can create in CO that where impossible to replicate in CoX. Please don't get me started on DCUO. This guy did a good job on some characters

macgyver75.deviantart.com/gallery/

Just a example of how difficult it is to work around DCUO. I like his Beast he used rock skin for because they do not have fur. The sad reality part of the fun in DCUO is working around the awful options they give players because it feels like a accomplishment. Sad but true.

How VO will fare in comparison to CO is anyones guess.
  • Page:
Moderators: AEGIS